Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What if the bit in bold, has a part to play in the first sentence?

How many times were they passed the ball by Brighton midfielders? lol

They are still top 4 to be fair.

Yeah, we could really do with a Bissouma and I think we all know that but the middle line here is massively relevant to Villa. 

We are so so often the architects of our own downfall its bordering on criminal. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Have you developed a little crush? It's kinda cute he's always your first thought.

Have you developed a crush on both of us?

Nah, he's my first thought, with regards to things I know wind him up.

Similarly to how I troll @nick76 with Keinan Davis posts,  @TRO with DCM posts, or @hippo with Gerrard posts for example?

Banter?

Or are you posting from his more serious account, which is tired of me harassing him? lol

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Gets minced out wide just like we do at the moment.

I'm so worried about this summer and what we're going to waste money on.

Me too I think it may be our ‘Heskey’ moment all over again.

Yeeeaaa... Ginter's **** done. Absolutely done. Hope we don't touch him with a barge pole. At this point would rather we stick with rehabilitating Konsa back to form.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Yeeeaaa... Ginter's **** done. Absolutely done. Hope we don't touch him with a barge pole. At this point would rather we stick with rehabilitating Konsa back to form.

Hauled off or injured today? :lol:

Teams will spend half as much as us this summer and end up with twice the signings.

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Hauled off or injured today? :lol:

Teams will spend half as much as us this summer and end up with twice the signings.

Tomaszk. We’ve spoken in the past before. I know you. You know that I know that I know you. 

You’re worried. And that worries me. What are we going to do this Summer that worries you so much? 

I too have concerns about the formation in particular, but something is really concerning you…

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

After a brilliant (backs to the wall 80% of the time) start, we've got worse and worse under Gerrard.

I can see us finishing 16th or 17th.

The formation he wants to play is shit and will not work in the PL. He doesn't seem to realise.

Signing players to try and fix it is moronic...but the CEO and possibly the director of football are going to "back him". I don't think it'll work and we'll sack him and be left with no wide players to attack with.

Maybe it won't be as bad as I fear, but I know Newcastle, Brentford, probably throw Wolves in there and Brighton will all be buying players of more use than what we're ending up with.

I feel incredibly disconnected from the club right now. Probably been this way for a long time really but with Smith and Grealish in there, the players felt much more in sync with the fans.

The best way of creating a connection between team and fans imo is to play youth. Fans see their own youth prospects develop on the pitch, year on year.

Spurs did it under Pochettino and Arsenal now under Arteta, and fans of those clubs say they’ve never felt more connected to the club then when that happened (still happens at Arsenal).

The opposite would be ideal if a club wants disengaged fans. Have a huge turnover in the squad every year. Sign older players who fans associate with a number of other clubs. Give them short contracts so we don’t even get to know them.

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The best way of creating a connection between team and fans imo is to play youth. Fans see their own youth prospects develop on the pitch, year on year.

Spurs did it under Pochettino and Arsenal now under Arteta, and fans of those clubs say they’ve never felt more connected to the club then when that happened (still happens at Arsenal).

The opposite would be ideal if a club wants disengaged fans. Have a huge turnover in the squad every year. Sign older players who fans associate with a number of other clubs. Give them short contracts so we don’t even get to know them.

Luckily we have the best batch of youngsters all at the same time the club has ever had. Let's see how many get minutes under SG.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does Jacob Ramsey exist? 🤔

Didnt the last manager bring him through? 

He has more Premier League games than 60million rated Kalvin Phillips for example

Edited by Zatman

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

After a brilliant (backs to the wall 80% of the time) start, we've got worse and worse under Gerrard.

I can see us finishing 16th or 17th.

The formation he wants to play is shit and will not work in the PL. He doesn't seem to realise.

Signing players to try and fix it is moronic...but the CEO and possibly the director of football are going to "back him". I don't think it'll work and we'll sack him and be left with no wide players to attack with.

Maybe it won't be as bad as I fear, but I know Newcastle, Brentford, probably throw Wolves in there and Brighton will all be buying players of more use than what we're ending up with.

I feel incredibly disconnected from the club right now. Probably been this way for a long time really but with Smith and Grealish in there, the players felt much more in sync with the fans.

I’m inclined to agree with a lot of this. Not sure about the disconnect from the club though - I’m really enjoying being a Villa fan right now, especially after the last decade. 

Re. The formation. I agree, for the most part. It frustrates me how the two midfielders become make shift fullbacks when Cash and Digne bomb on and we give the opposition way too much space out wide. Not only that, the two No.10’s tend to tread on each other’s toes. 
I would much prefer us to play a 4-2-3-1 or a 3-4-2-1 - both systems require a defensive midfielder, probably two. We don’t have a single one. Unfortunately, almost all of our failures as a team stem from the fact we don’t have a defensive minded midfielder sitting in front of the back 4. Whilst I don’t like the formation and hope we change it, signing someone like Bissouma or Phillips should help at least. 

I have no idea what the Summer will bring but I have to back Gerrard and the club to get it right. We’re still reeling from what was an awful Summer ‘21 window, having failed to replace Grealish and instead, created a huge imbalance throughout the squad. I said at the start of the season we’ll finish around 13th and absolutely nothing convinces me won’t still do that. 

It’s a big Summer. We need to move at least 7-8 players on and bring in at least 3-4 players of sufficient quality to start for us. It’s going to be exciting, even if it is reckless!

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 4