Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just looking through BBC gossip and interesting some of the players I've mentioned in past as being interesting targets now being in 50-60m bracket.

Mikel Merino- Didn't work out for him at Newcastle but he's been a very good DM for Real Sociedad. Talk Man. City want him, has release clause of 45m.

Lucas Paqueta- I said we should've looked at him when he was struggling to get in AC Milan team. Lyon took him on loan instead and then signed him permanently for 20m, we signed Barkley instead.....Arsenal and Newcastle linked for 58m.

Lucas Ocampos- Remember watching him play for Monaco around 2015 and he looked an interesting prospect. Then joined Marseille, did well and now at Sevilla. West Ham and Wolves looking, 70m euros release clause.

That's the problem sometimes with letting players develop and become more proven, price usually trebles especially if there's serious premier league interest.

Ocampos is a strange one as he struggled in a few places. Sevilla like Atalanta are well run and have a structure that I wouldn't be confident players do so well elsewhere 

As for Paqueta I think he will fail in England. Italy was a bit physical for hin at times 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

South American knowledge Villans?:

Checks his position. Checks his height

He wont be welcomed at Villa 😛

Cant say I have seen him play but looks like its his first season as a starter. Be risky as doesn't seem to have Under 20 caps so maybe not so highly rated

• Like 1

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

I would consider it.

I like him as a keeper, I don’t think we would buy better but in theory we could improve performance of the squad with player trades.

Keepers are weird, if it were any other position I would just say yes.

We will never progress trying to wheel and deal the squad like a pack of Pokémon cards

We need to build a team and gradually bring in better players to improve it - sell this guy and buy that guy, then sell him and buy those two instead… great strategy on football manager, relegation strategy in real life

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just looking through BBC gossip and interesting some of the players I've mentioned in past as being interesting targets now being in 50-60m bracket.

Mikel Merino- Didn't work out for him at Newcastle but he's been a very good DM for Real Sociedad. Talk Man. City want him, has release clause of 45m.

Lucas Paqueta- I said we should've looked at him when he was struggling to get in AC Milan team. Lyon took him on loan instead and then signed him permanently for 20m, we signed Barkley instead.....Arsenal and Newcastle linked for 58m.

Lucas Ocampos- Remember watching him play for Monaco around 2015 and he looked an interesting prospect. Then joined Marseille, did well and now at Sevilla. West Ham and Wolves looking, 70m euros release clause.

That's the problem sometimes with letting players develop and become more proven, price usually trebles especially if there's serious premier league interest.

Merino is a player that I like, however I can see him getting a move to a top 6 club this summer if he were to leave. I do think we will be shocked in a good way with a couple signings we make (not ITK or anything just a hunch 😄)

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder if Danny Olmo would like to join us. 

that does sound mental mate.

but....

If you had said to me "i wonder if Coutinho would like to join us?".

You would have got the same response.... :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder if Danny Olmo would like to join us. 

Highly doubtful he’d join us but I’d rather have Olmo over Coutinho if given a sniff. Always thought Dominik Szoboszlai would be a great replacement for Jack  but again why leave Leipzig for Villa ATM

11 hours ago, david-avfc said:

We will never progress trying to wheel and deal the squad like a pack of Pokémon cards

We need to build a team and gradually bring in better players to improve it - sell this guy and buy that guy, then sell him and buy those two instead… great strategy on football manager, relegation strategy in real life

It is how teams build their way up the table, not every club has an owner that is willing to put a billion into a club to get them there.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

beyond our reach now…

Some still think he missed to many goals for us in the Championship and "isn't good enough" for us.  I would have rather spent the Ings money on Tammy, but I probably would have bottled the rest of the window!  🤣

• Like 1

On 10/04/2022 at 09:54, paul514 said:

Third line.... just no, both Buendia and Bailey are class players worth their fees, they are playing in a stupid system (or not playing at all) with no solid basis in midfield to play off.

Buendia I like. Bailey looks a million miles from being anywhere near class. He's had a stop start season I'll give him that, but I've seen nothing to even think he'll come good. 

Lukaku was back to being a world beater in Italy too last season.

Very different players but neither are as good for the Prem as they are over there. Tammy is a very good goalscorer, misses some chances yes but scores a lot. His general play isn't enough for the Prem though and comes at a high cost.

He's like Darren Bent in a way. He's better off staying in Italy, I'm sure he'll get back to the Prem at some point though, score a lot of goals but never make the jump to being a regular starter for a Top 4/6 side. And he won't sit on the bench (good for him) or he'd have stayed even longer at Chelsea.

He'd actually be great for Newcastle as they can make him starter now and when he's not good enough for them in 2 years they can shift him to Everton or similar and he can start the process all over again.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

It will be interesting to see if we bring in a couple of players on free transfers. 

We’ve been credited with an interest in Belotti, Ginter and Kamara in the past and all are available on a free this Summer. They also play in positions where we need to strengthen. 

Add a couple of transfer fee signings in on top of that, like Bissouma and Madueke and you could have a very ‘cheap’ Summer (wages/amortisation aside!)

I think this Summer is going to be really exciting. For good or for bad!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It will be interesting to see if we bring in a couple of players on free transfers. 

We’ve been credited with an interest in Belotti, Ginter and Kamara in the past and all are available on a free this Summer. They also play in positions where we need to strengthen. 

Add a couple of transfer fee signings in on top of that, like Bissouma and Madueke and you could have a very ‘cheap’ Summer (wages/amortisation aside!)

I think this Summer is going to be really exciting. For good or for bad!

The trend is definitely increased player power and more ”free” transfers after contracts running out. Less transfer fees, higher wages and more difficult to move players in and out.