Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I'm 50/50 on SG but ultimately the club have employed the manager to listen to and respect his opinion and go with his decisions. Think we'll see a turnover of players this summer, and it looks almost certain the likes of Bailey will be among them.

Giving up on Bailey after one season would be utterly daft.  He can get 5 months of strength and conditioning in ready for the start of next season and become a more regular starter.  He has enough natural ability to make it.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, KMitch said:

I doubt our club captain and outspoken advocate for racial equality would take too kindly to Suarez joining the team.  Suarez would cause Gerrard to lose a portion of the dressing room and I don't think he would make that mistake.  Suarez isn't coming here.  

This is all assuming, that players are as giddy as us about headlines which come out of passion on the pitch.

Im sure he's had many a black team mate since then.

• Like 4

I would love us to get Chris Richards from Bayern in the summer. Young American International Centre back that has got all the attributes of a top modern centre back. 

Been on loan at Hoffemheim and will want out of Bayern if he isn't going to be a starter there next year. 

Would be a great get

12 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

I'm 50/50 on SG but ultimately the club have employed the manager to listen to and respect his opinion and go with his decisions. Think we'll see a turnover of players this summer, and it looks almost certain the likes of Bailey will be among them.

I am very much of the train of thought that a club should have a system of play and managers come in with that in mind meaning less player turnover just because of an issue just like this.

It will be a big mistake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alexvilla4 said:

I would love us to get Chris Richards from Bayern in the summer. Young American International Centre back that has got all the attributes of a top modern centre back. 

Been on loan at Hoffemheim and will want out of Bayern if he isn't going to be a starter there next year. 

Would be a great get

For Birmingham as well though the Alabama one 😂

It feels like we are missing a top top premier league superstar right now, which seems crazy when we have Coutinho, but A) he isnt ours and B hes valued at a similar level to our other better players, approx £30-35 mil.

We have a group of 10 to 15 players who are valued somewhere between the £20 - 30mil mark. Maybe EMI might be more up towards 50, but as an average in that region.

We dont have that star £100mil players anymore. In my mind, Grealish in this squad adds another 10 points minimum, and puts us right up there with the European teams. Likes of Spurs and West Ham have Kane and Rice, and I think that drags the performance of the whole team higher, as Grealish did with us. 

Will be an interesting window, but would be difficult to get a top top premier league player here presumably given our lack of European football and likely wage restrictions. I just think we are that one player away from being in the mix.

8 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It feels like we are missing a top top premier league superstar right now, which seems crazy when we have Coutinho, but A) he isnt ours and B hes valued at a similar level to our other better players, approx £30-35 mil.

We have a group of 10 to 15 players who are valued somewhere between the £20 - 30mil mark. Maybe EMI might be more up towards 50, but as an average in that region.

We dont have that star £100mil players anymore. In my mind, Grealish in this squad adds another 10 points minimum, and puts us right up there with the European teams. Likes of Spurs and West Ham have Kane and Rice, and I think that drags the performance of the whole team higher, as Grealish did with us. 

Will be an interesting window, but would be difficult to get a top top premier league player here presumably given our lack of European football and likely wage restrictions. I just think we are that one player away from being in the mix.

Main difference I feel between us and West Ham/Wolves is the midfield. It's not really been improved since we have been promoted apart from Ramsey breaking through this season but when you compare it to Rice/Soucek and Neves/Moutinho there is a difference in quality. If/when the club sign a new DM in the summer I would like to have seen Luiz given a chance to compete with Mcginn and Ramsey next season but barring a miracle I don't think his signing a new contract so he will be moved on in the summer. Mcginn and Ramsey need better competition next season, 2 managers have chosen not to play Sanson so his clearly not close to pushing for a start any time soon. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RichW said:

Main difference I feel between us and West Ham/Wolves is the midfield. It's not really been improved since we have been promoted apart from Ramsey breaking through this season but when you compare it to Rice/Soucek and Neves/Moutinho there is a difference in quality. If/when the club sign a new DM in the summer I would like to have seen Luiz given a chance to compete with Mcginn and Ramsey next season but barring a miracle I don't think his signing a new contract so he will be moved on in the summer. Mcginn and Ramsey need better competition next season, 2 managers have chosen not to play Sanson so his clearly not close to pushing for a start any time soon. 

I think we need to sign two new midfielders and a striker in the Summer in terms of first team upgrades. If you swapped our midfield for Wolves, West Ham, we'd be 6th/7th. 

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think we need to sign two new midfielders and a striker in the Summer in terms of first team upgrades. If you swapped our midfield for Wolves, West Ham, we'd be 6th/7th. 

I wouldn’t actively buy a striker but if an opportunity came up that someone wanted to buy one of ours for a lot I would 

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Unless either Watkins or Ings are sold in the summer I don't see the club signing a striker unless it was a free (Suarez?). Don't think the club had any intention of signing Ings/any striker last summer until the Grealish deal was going to happen. I don't see many signings at all this summer tbh. 1 midfielder, back up LB, Coutinho and probably take up the option of buying Olsen for a small fee. Any more will be depend on if we get any silly offers for Cash, Mcginn, Bailey or Watkins/Ings. 

4 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

Would be a great get

Can't see us doing much at CB tbh. Chambers done better than I expected even though I think we'll just go back to Kons-Mings before too long so he's a very solid back up for CB and can also fill in at RB.

Not sure if we extended Hause deal just to get a fee for him as he hasn't been on bench last few games so he might still push to leave.

Despite it being a difficult season I think we're still in top 10 for goals conceded and likes of Man. United have conceded more. West Ham and Spurs conceded just 3 or 4 less so in terms of defensive structure we're pretty much in line with top 6 teams....and that's without even sorting out DM once and for all.

21 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

🤣 no chance Bailey will go that really is quite funny!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RichW said:

Unless either Watkins or Ings are sold in the summer I don't see the club signing a striker unless it was a free (Suarez?). Don't think the club had any intention of signing Ings/any striker last summer until the Grealish deal was going to happen. I don't see many signings at all this summer tbh. 1 midfielder, back up LB, Coutinho and probably take up the option of buying Olsen for a small fee. Any more will be depend on if we get any silly offers for Cash, Mcginn, Bailey or Watkins/Ings. 

I think there will be a lot of change this summer.  These aren’t Gerrard’s players and some first teamers don’t fit his system.  He will also have an idea of players he wants.  He’s a new manager to this squad.  I think we will see quite a few ins and outs this summer (pardon the innuendo) but this squad has struggled for 18 months and I’m expecting Gerrard knows that and will be wanting change.  

We have a great midtable squad but the fringes he’ll want to change to give him options, maybe one or two will want to leave (maybe Dougie or Ollie), Gerrard may want to get upgrades on some of the starting XI.  

A lot will be based on how much transfer budget he has but I’m expecting the club to back him, also the wheeling and dealing of players going out and then also which youngsters get promoted.  

I think it’ll be a busy summer at Villa, not in terms of gutting and starting again before anybody sticks that label on my comment but a 2.0 where more changes happen on a new release type thing.  I certainly don’t think it’ll be quiet down Villa.

43 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

🤣 no chance Bailey will go that really is quite funny!

I don’t think Bailey will go but I’m far from convinced there is no chance.  

It depends on whether Gerrard wants him and what Bailey wants to do and whether another club is interested.  

Gerrard isn’t going to have an unbelievable war chest so will wheel and deal as needs be.  

Bailey, despite his injury is still a very saleable asset if Gerrard desires another player.

I’m a big fan of Bailey and really hopes he stays and be the magic player he looks like he can be.  

The question is does he fit into Gerrard’s plans.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

I am very much of the train of thought that a club should have a system of play and managers come in with that in mind meaning less player turnover just because of an issue just like this.

It will be a big mistake.

We don't know if it will or it won't. Bit pointless making bold claims really. But of course you're right, that 'should' be the case, but it isn't yet again. Where we are now with SG; who would come in and replicate a system that had failed enough, despite a large outlay, to end in the sack of the previous man?

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

We don't know if it will or it won't. Bit pointless making bold claims really. But of course you're right, that 'should' be the case, but it isn't yet again. Where we are now with SG; who would come in and replicate a system that had failed enough, despite a large outlay, to end in the sack of the previous man?

I think the last man would still be here without a crap load of injuries he had at the start of the year, the system didn't fail, the club failed to buy DCM's for it.

Secondly I know it will be a mistake to sell Bailey the lad is pure class his output and skill set isn't matched or surpassed by that many in his position.

16 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think there will be a lot of change this summer.  These aren’t Gerrard’s players and some first teamers don’t fit his system.  He will also have an idea of players he wants.  He’s a new manager to this squad.  I think we will see quite a few ins and outs this summer (pardon the innuendo) but this squad has struggled for 18 months and I’m expecting Gerrard knows that and will be wanting change.  

We have a great midtable squad but the fringes he’ll want to change to give him options, maybe one or two will want to leave (maybe Dougie or Ollie), Gerrard may want to get upgrades on some of the starting XI.  

A lot will be based on how much transfer budget he has but I’m expecting the club to back him, also the wheeling and dealing of players going out and then also which youngsters get promoted.  

I think it’ll be a busy summer at Villa, not in terms of gutting and starting again before anybody sticks that label on my comment but a 2.0 where more changes happen on a new release type thing.  I certainly don’t think it’ll be quiet down Villa.

Honestly think the focus will be to shift a lot of the fringe players this summer and depending how much can get for them is how much owners will spend. El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Davis, Guilbert, Luiz (if he doesn't sign a new deal), Targett, Sanson, Traore are all players I think the club will attempt to move on in the summer but whether there's any buyers for them we will have to wait and see but i'd imagine they would raise a decent amount of funds. 

Past few years been used to a lot of players coming in and being linked to a lot of players but think this be the first summer where it is going to be just 2/3 coming and not trying to replace anybody. 

• Like 1