Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I feel like we don't have a CF good enough to play the lone role in front of the 10s. One who will finish the chances created. 

I think we have a CF who is based on off the ball stuff rather than on it 

His pressing, movement and general running is still really important to us and we won't buy better in that regard 

So if we do replace him we need to have a think about what we want to look like as a team 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think we have a CF who is based on off the ball stuff rather than on it 

His pressing, movement and general running is still really important to us and we won't buy better in that regard 

So if we do replace him we need to have a think about what we want to look like as a team 

A striker with Ollies work and nuisance rate, Keinan Davis physicality, Danny Ings finishing ability and composure with the ball would be ideal.

Obviously, it's Haaland we need.

OR, we need to start funding research on how to splice Davis | Archer | into one player, they are young and low profile, no one would notice they were missing. lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A striker with Ollies work and nuisance rate, Keinan Davis physicality, Danny Ings finishing ability and composure with the ball would be ideal.

Obviously, it's Haaland we need.

OR, we need to start funding research on how to splice Davis | Archer | into one player, they are young and low profile, no one would notice they were missing. lol

We need to do a mechanical job on Drogba. Go full Darth Vader. 

He's only 44. 

• Haha 1

I don't think we will see any strikers in or out in the summer, our forward line is pretty bloody strong. 

Whilst I'm not in the "we must sign a 6'5 out and out defensive midfielder (preferably black) camp" we will need to sign a very very good defensive minded midfielder as I think DL will be off to pastures new, that bit of skirt won't keep him around I'm guessing he has already been approached by someone and that is why no new deal has been announced.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We have a team that is 13th - 9th

We are lacking physically and aerially.

West Ham were the better side because they had a blend between physicality and and technical ability.

We need some steel in the middle of the park, even up front we need some height. 

Just to add to this, we need to do better against teams when we have a lot of the ball and/or they sit back. This could have helped turn some of the losses into draws or wins, just recently there has been Watford, Brentford and Newcastle that have sat back and we have struggled to break them down, even yesterday we had quite a lot of the ball but struggled to make too many clear chances especially for the majority of the second half 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe interestingly Davis and Archer are on loan at clubs that play 2 up top... 

But that's what I mean, by the summer Gerrard should know what shape he wants and go get the striker that fits it if he wants a new one 

It would be ideal if we could have a mix of players, to fit in with all scenarios and systems we play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe interestingly Davis and Archer are on loan at clubs that play 2 up top... 

But that's what I mean, by the summer Gerrard should know what shape he wants and go get the striker that fits it if he wants a new one 

Forest are playing 4-2-3-1 aren't they...don't think Davis has started upfront at all with Lewis Grabban if he's still there.

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Forest are playing 4-2-3-1 aren't they...don't think Davis has started upfront at all with Lewis Grabban if he's still there.

Grabban is injured, Davis has been playing upfront with Brennan Johnson. They have played a 3-5-2 when I have seen them mate

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Grabban is injured, Davis has been playing upfront with Brennan Johnson. They have played a 3-5-2 when I have seen them mate

Interesting. I always thought Johnson was more of a wide player tbh. He'll be playing in premier league for someone next season.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Interesting. I always thought Johnson was more of a wide player tbh. He'll be playing in premier league for someone next season.

I think Johnson is a wide player, but he has been filling in upfront whilst grabban has been injured. I can’t say I watched them before Davis went there apart from the Arsenal game. To be honest I hadn’t watched any championship games before Davis, archer and JPB went on loan

I’d sell Watkins, his price won’t be the same as now, if we could get 40m from Arsenal then would be shrewd business. Sometimes you have to act at the right time. 
Look at how El Ghazi price reduced? What was the point of keeping him during summer? I even thought that Trez should’ve been sold the winter before he was injured, he had a good beginning of the season and his value was high, but it was clear that he won’t have a future, Traore and El Ghazi took over.

The squad might’ve been thin but we could fill with some youngsters which eventually happened with Chuck and Bidace, add Davis to the equation. At the time we would’ve gotten more than 10m from Trez, same last summer with El Ghazi.

The only players that could have the potential to be hard to replace are:

Emi, Phil, Emi and Bailey. The latter still haven’t showed that but has the potential.

Cash is showing his worth at the last couple of games, but will I refuse a 50m offer for him? 

• Thanks 1

Agree with the principle @abdulaziz1, but the one thing we'll never know is what the demand was at the 'right time'.

It doesn't matter that they're playing their best if no one that wants them has the cash to buy. With the demand for Trezeguet seemingly all coming from Turkey we're never going to get as much even as if a top championship club wanted him.

With the price paid for Watkins as an English player the only market he can ever be sold to is the PL.

• Like 1

I see BBC Sport online are claiming that Arsenal are interested in signing Coutinho in the summer, despite our having an option to buy. Time to slap in another bid for ESR, two can play at that game. :rant:

On 12/03/2022 at 09:49, VillaParkAvenue said:

Man United are the ones Leeds hate the most. If Phillips went there he would get death threats from Leeds fans. Won’t happen.

Ask Cantona and Alan Smith?

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think that about sums it up though, arsenal who are on the brink of top 4 would go for him of he was available but villa should sell him because he's not good enough for us

That doesn't make sense 

It doesn’t have to be the case, most of transfer don’t have success anyway, add to that that there are some teams missing a certain part. Even Ings would improve Arsenal. Would that mean we’re better? Would we take Lacazette from 4th? 
We’ll come to a point where we want an upgrade to Watkins, once we don’t play him regularly his price will decrease. Would you take Jesus? For me I won’t bother, but he’s the striker of the best team in the world. 😁

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Agree with the principle @abdulaziz1, but the one thing we'll never know is what the demand was at the 'right time'.

It doesn't matter that they're playing their best if no one that wants them has the cash to buy. With the demand for Trezeguet seemingly all coming from Turkey we're never going to get as much even as if a top championship club wanted him.

With the price paid for Watkins as an English player the only market he can ever be sold to is the PL.

Who said there were no offers? The fact is you need to sell while they’re still contributing, once they’re unused squad players, clubs will start reducing their offers. They’ll know these players are not wanted.