Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

Thought he was wonderful last night, not that there weren't a whole list of candidates but for me he was the best player on the pitch. They just couldn't get near him and he was the personification of the difference in the two sides last night, which was one side actually played midfielders while the other played a mix of defenders and attackers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Thought he was wonderful last night, not that there weren't a whole list of candidates but for me he was the best player on the pitch. They just couldn't get near him and he was the personification of the difference in the two sides last night, which was one side actually played midfielders while the other played a mix of defenders and attackers.

Absolute treasure!

Who needs Rodri when you have Bouba? 

Everything he did was class last night. 

When he's really focused, he's often the midfielder who holds it all together for us, he's just prone to the odd blip. 

That'll change with age. 

• Like 1

Not an exaggeration to say he's as important to us as Rodri is to City.

Night and day difference in our build up and snuffing out the attack away at Bournemouth and then City.

So many times, he would track Alvarez coming in and then just win the ball off him. Foden got no joy from Konsa but that's because Konsa could focus on stopping Foden, knowing that Kamara was covering behind him.

And then in possession, so assured and a step ahead. 

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

I'm still wondering why Pep thought he could get away with playing an 18 year old and 2 CBs in a double pivot for his midfield. Did he not know he was going up against, imo, the best PL midfield duo in Kamara and Luiz. Also, it's not like he was forced to play that group.  He had Kovacic and Nunes, combined transfer fee £90 million just sitting on his bench. But of hubris by ol Pep there. Yes we played extremely well but Pep's team selection played right into our hands. I'm guessing on the reverse fixture we won't be as lucky. 

Edited by Rightdm00

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I fear Pep was looking at him like "this is my solution to the Rodri problem right here"

What's the world record fee nowadays? Or at least the British transfer record?

Not just Kamara, but there are a few of our players that i wouldn't allow to leave unless transfer fee records were broken.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What's the world record fee nowadays? Or at least the British transfer record?

Not just Kamara, but there are a few of our players that i wouldn't allow to leave unless transfer fee records were broken.

Caicedo I think £115m. I'm not exaggerating when I say Bouba is twice the player. Let's not even get into Dougie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

I'm still wondering why Pep thought he could get away with playing an 18 year old and 2 CBs in a double pivot for his midfield. Did he not know he was going up against, imo, the best PL midfield duo in Kamara and Luiz. Also, it's not like he was forced to play that group.  He had Kovacic and Nunes, combined transfer fee £90 million just sitting on his bench. But of hubris by ol Pep there. Yes we played extremely well but Pep's team selection played right into our hands. I'm guessing on the reverse fixture we won't be as lucky. 

I'm sure Rico Lewis is great but he does look like he'd be more at home on a Nickelodeon show rather than starting for the Champions :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Ironically that will be our easiest game all season. You play that midfield against our 4 and you have no chance. It also showed how Rico Lewis still has alot to learn and that he isnt strong enough yet . But southgate started him and didnt give a minute to Konsa who was imperious last night.  

• Like 2

Â