Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

Can't remember seeing anything as good as Boubs and Dougie for a long time. 

I bet when they go for a meal they have the same thing.

Just on the same wavelength.

Edited by colhint
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, colhint said:

I was just thinking this. When’s the last time we had as good a CM pairing as these two?

Petrov and Barry came to mind? But I think even those two didn’t have the same degree of control and composure as Doug and Boubs 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colhint said:

I was thinking this. The likes of Rodri is ahead of both of them, but how many pairings in the world would you swap them for?

I don't think I would swop either of them for anyone else.

They seem to be telepathic.

Initially thought Boubs more defensively  able and Dougie more attacking but yesterday Boubs showed more attacking capacity.

We have a dual midfield pivot more capable than a Mortimer/Bremner combination to my mind. Does McGinn fulfil the Cowans role?

• Like 2

They will come up against far more difficult opponents over the comibg season but i think it is safe to say they are an elite combination . 

And there is just more and more consistency with every passing month. Which is key to our future success

• Like 1

Our interplay, pass and move, in that clip,  is a joy to behold. Looks like it been sped up.  If I was watching another team playing like that I would be impressed, very impressed, even city don't play as well.......most of the time.

We need a statement win, after the heavy loss to Newcastle the media have had its excuse to ignore us.

On 03/09/2023 at 16:16, ozvilla28 said:

I love him , but that's 2 games against better opposition he has a stinker.

There’s a reason the big boys didn’t go in for him. Good player and will get better but our fans do get carried away sometimes.  In the summer you had someone saying he was our most important player and the only one that couldn’t be replaced.  Or something like that. 

• Like 1

How often does the team play poorly but you can point to a single player and say they definitively played well?

With the possible exception of a goalie, the team works as a unit or groups of units; I'd say the defense and midfield setups show this dynamic most clearly.

the midfield unit was largely ineffective against Liverpool. That's not to say he made no individual mistakes, but it will never be easy to play well when the larger unit is poor.

Kamara was good against Everton and Burnley, poor against Barcodes and Plop.

Tielemans in next game please.

Like Bailey who seems to disappear against better teams or away from home; horses for courses maybe until Kamara finds some form again...

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s a reason the big boys didn’t go in for him. Good player and will get better but our fans do get carried away sometimes.  In the summer you had someone saying he was our most important player and the only one that couldn’t be replaced.  Or something like that. 

Not sure where this is coming from, the notion that big teams weren’t in for him. It was reported that teams like Barca, Man U and Arsenal were interested in him.

Kind of similar to others - I would caution against saying making definitive statements like Kamara can't play against the better teams. Liverpool and Newcastle went out of their way to box Kamara and Luiz in and try to force others to win the game for us.

He certainly didn't have his best game but like almost all the starting XI - I'd give it a few games into the season after the breaks to see where exactly Kamara is at his development.

• Like 2

Â