Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

17 hours ago, villaglint said:

To be out for that length of time and then play two full 90s to that standard in 4 days is very very impressive. 

This all over.  I was excited about signing Kamara - even more so after Philippe Auclair's rave review about him - but we haven't even started to see the best of him.  He's barely played for us and come back from a fairly decent injury to play like this.  Very exciting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

His ball into cash before our second goal was perfect. He really is a class act. 

I think my favourite moment was him pressing Colwill in 99th minute to force an error which led to him putting the ball out of play. 

Id agree it was his best performance for us. Him and Dougie pair up very well. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I think my favourite moment was him pressing Colwill in 99th minute to force an error which led to him putting the ball out of play. 

Id agree it was his best performance for us. Him and Dougie pair up very well. 

I couldnt  understand why SG wasnt playing them together earlier, they seemed to be an obvious fit together

• Like 1

Just now, briny_ear said:

Definitely my MOTM yesterday.

Same.  Ings was good and deservedly got two goals.  But Kamara swept everything up and totally controlled the midfield.  It's mad that he's only 22, he looks like he's been playing at that level for 10 years.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Same.  Ings was good and deservedly got two goals.  But Kamara swept everything up and totally controlled the midfield.  It's mad that he's only 22, he looks like he's been playing at that level for 10 years.  

130 games for Marseille ( some of those on Europe presumably ) he’d probably surprised that we are so surprised he’s taken to it so quick. Glad he has a proper manager now at Villa. He, like many others, would of faced regression in his game if Gerrard had stayed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I couldnt  understand why SG wasnt playing them together earlier, they seemed to be an obvious fit together

Which is why Slippy G didn't do it...it was too obvious and therefore unworkable. I mean how could something so simple actually work?! 😆

We havent had a player in centre midfield with the composure and calmness since Barry

Him and Dougie compliment each other and think have started just twice together so will develop more. Could be our midfield partnership for the next decade

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We havent had a player in centre midfield with the composure and calmness since Barry

Him and Dougie compliment each other and think have started just twice together so will develop more. Could be our midfield partnership for the next decade

I’d want Kamara to be the outlet to receive that pass from Martinez if it’s not  on for Mings, Konsa , Cash and Digne. I just don’t trust Dougie. It doesn’t hurt him enough. He doesn’t tend to learn and  it doesn’t bother him getting turned over like that. I could easily envisioned what happened to him yesterday, getting dispossessed and leading to the goal ( yes emi played his part ) happen again. Dougie loses the ball a lot. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I’d want Kamara to be the outlet to receive that pass from Martinez if it’s not  on for Mings, Konsa , Cash and Digne. I just don’t trust Dougie. It doesn’t hurt him enough. He doesn’t tend to learn and  it doesn’t bother him getting turned over like that. I could easily envisioned what happened to him yesterday, getting dispossessed and leading to the goal ( yes emi played his part ) happen again. Dougie loses the ball a lot. 

Two points. 1) Martinez sold Dougie short there, wasn't the pass to play. 2) Dougie was fouled, he is across the ball and gets pushed over. 

I think Kamara/Luiz are a good combination for the two CMs. They need time together 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think we’ll do well to keep the pair of them for more than 2-3 seasons. They’ll be high in demand, especially if we fail to qualify for Europe.

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Two points. 1) Martinez sold Dougie short there, wasn't the pass to play. 2) Dougie was fouled, he is across the ball and gets pushed over. 

I think Kamara/Luiz are a good combination for the two CMs. They need time together 

Nah mate, he wasn’t fouled. Went down in a heap - there’s no foul there. Again, i did say Emi didn’t cover himself in glory but there is countless instances of Dougie getting turned over easily further up the pitch in the last 3 years. He’s a good player but he’s probably hit his ceiling. Undoubted ability but again , his mistakes don’t seem to bother him enough, hence the repetitive nature of them. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Idrissa Gueye?

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think we’ll do well to keep the pair of them for more than 2-3 seasons. They’ll be high in demand, especially if we fail to qualify for Europe.

Going to worry about that when it comes to it and enjoy our best midfield since Barry Petrov and Milner 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Gueye was brilliant or dreadful in his year here. Never in between. I remember he used to be blowing hard after about an hour each game. Probably more consistent at Everton. 

You're right.

Prob due to bad coaching tho.

Â