Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

It’s a bit confusing. The number five he’s playing beside looks like his twin and has the same colour boots. 😂 He does seem slightly further forward and right of the no. 5.

That’s Bodrigo Rentancur

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

It’s a bit confusing. The number five he’s playing beside looks like his twin and has the same colour boots. 😂 He does seem slightly further forward and right of the no. 5.

we were actually linked with him last January 😂

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

So ignoring the usual suspects who didn't spot where he was playing, he played as the holding player in a four man midfield and how did he go?

Reminded me of a taller Ashley Westwood. Plays it pretty safe in possession. I wouldn’t say he was very dynamic but seems neat and tidy. I genuinely don’t see how he is an improvement in Luiz in the position he’ll be playing. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

don’t see how he is an improvement in Luiz in the position he’ll be playing

We all know what you think of this coup. Luiz is a much better player for us when he doesn't play as the holding midfielder. We don't have another option so he has to play there when Nakamba is injured.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We all know what you think of this coup. Luiz is a much better player for us when he doesn't play as the holding midfielder. We don't have another option so he has to play there when Nakamba is injured.

I don’t think Luiz is half as good as people say he is as a number 8. He won’t start ahead of McGinn and Ramsey. 

The only way the club will sell Luiz this window is if they can bring someone else in. I’m guessing it’s going to be Bentancur. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t think Luiz is half as good as people say he is as a number 8. He won’t start ahead of McGinn and Ramsey. 

The only way the club will sell Luiz this window is if they can bring someone else in. I’m guessing it’s going to be Bentancur. 

So we disagree about Luiz as an 8 and Bentancur as a 6 :D

Luiz was our standout player when we switched formation to the new Gerrard/Beale 4-3-2-1, he was very very good indeed. Ramsey has been excellent and Sanson looked good. Having those 4 compete for 2 places is great news. To do that though, we need a 6. Bentancur has the qualities we need (passing ability, passing under pressure, interceptions etc. etc) in a 6 so at the prices touted it'd be daft not to get him if it's at all possible.

• Like 2

He is a great tackler. He's audacious but he pulls them off like it's nothing and I think the guy he's dispossessed is always as surprised as I was watching.

I don't think he is going to add anything at all from an on ball perspective but I could be wrong.

32 minutes ago, romavillan said:

So we disagree about Luiz as an 8 and Bentancur as a 6 :D

Luiz was our standout player when we switched formation to the new Gerrard/Beale 4-3-2-1, he was very very good indeed. Ramsey has been excellent and Sanson looked good. Having those 4 compete for 2 places is great news. To do that though, we need a 6. Bentancur has the qualities we need (passing ability, passing under pressure, interceptions etc. etc) in a 6 so at the prices touted it'd be daft not to get him if it's at all possible.

Fair point mate. I think we’ll hear something today if it’s going to happen. 

8 hours ago, messi11 said:

H/T. He's not that bad tbh. Reminds me of Rodri.
He always plays the safe pass, Few back passes which I don't like.
He made a good defensive header towards the end. He always pointing and calling for the ball. I am starting to see potential in him 

Got better as the game went on.
Maybe I always see him walking around because he's that good? and got his position covered 

Paraguay only attacked down the wings, and Uruguay were on top. He just didn't have much to do in the first half. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Reminded me of a taller Ashley Westwood. Plays it pretty safe in possession. I wouldn’t say he was very dynamic but seems neat and tidy. I genuinely don’t see how he is an improvement in Luiz in the position he’ll be playing. 

You can't judge his potential for us as a defensive midfielder on one international where his team completely dominated—not unless you really are choosing to confirm all of your biases.

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You can't judge his potential for us as a defensive midfielder on one international where his team completely dominated—not unless you really are choosing to confirm all of your biases.

I imagine his Juventus team dominates most games too. He’s going to have a shock when he realises he can’t just amble around in the PL! 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I imagine his Juventus team dominates most games too. He’s going to have a shock when he realises he can’t just amble around in the PL! 

That bit about confirmation bias again.

Â