If you could be a Villa player in any game in history…

chappy

This might have been done on here before but a nice little game based on this tweet:

Who would you go for if only allowed to choose a Villa player?

McParland in 57? Withe in the European Cup final? Watkins in the 7-2? Hutton scoring against SHA? Jed Steer in the play off semi final?

Interested to hear what people would choose!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

It would be Savo in the 1996 Coca Cola cup final against Leeds.

I remember walking down the steps to exit Wembley and he whole mass on Villa fans singing "Savo scored at Wembley, Savo scored at Wembley, La La La La, La La La La" 

Hell of a goal. 

• Like 1

The 'you experience it as they would have done, with their reactions and emotions' means I'd have to choose a game with Jack in it as (I'd still like to think) it would be as close to how I'd have felt having the same moments.

vs SHA is the obvious one when he was punched and scored the winner.

Vs West Ham when he scored the goal that looked like he'd kept us up and the celebrations...then immediately gifted them an equaliser and waiting for the news he had infact kept us in the league.

I would be Jack Grealish in 2021. And I would stay (fk it, bullet points time)

- stay at the club of my home, my city, as I say it to be

- be assured of game time, likely number 1 on teamsheet

- afterall, they gave me the captains armband and stood by me at times of my own indiscretions

- and be that catalyst to drive forward the club 

- knowing that age 24/25 I have time on my side to evolve with the ambitions of the club and its desire to add to the trophy cabinet - i could help that happen

- to be that modern day Le Tiss, proving everyone wrong that big players can stay where they are and be that anomaly, the one that was even idolised by neutrals of every other club for my career choice

- thus also cementing my place as a first XI'er for my beloved country

- to generally just be a role model overall and inspiration to all young Villa fans

- and be synonymous for life with Villa and all things Villa 

- and at every opportunity, which may only be once every few seasons, because the scum will still be sub-PL, to absolutely play in God Mode when drawn against Blues in the cups and go all out on the pitch to hurt them, with performances that get their idiot fans heading to the exits by half time as the score rises against them

- to take on a player coach role at the club, earning my badges with the very youth I maybe helped inspire, and wondering why, hey, why the hell are so many of our intake called Jack, then realising

- giving something back to the club and maybe even taking up management

- BONUS - I would probably also be more faithful to my stunning "childhood sweetheart" missus or at least end it respectfully if deep down it wasn't working, then whatever I did off the pitch i would at least cover tracks in my love life to ensure no traces made it into the papers or... just be a bit more mature in the least. Likewise with the company I keep over the years, and take more care of my body and how I spent my time off the pitch, afterall, regardless of skill, there's a reason why Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic etc are in such prime physical condition in their late 30s. In fact, speaking of Zlatan, I would probably date a woman like he married, one that did not give a flying ---- for my ego or star celebrity status, earned her own wage and wasn't dependent on me, and kept me in check when I needed to be, not these dumbass vacuous reality TV star bimbos who just want to raise their profile and earn a couple of minutes more past their allotted fifteen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

It's hypothetical and for one game only. Your not rewriting history dude 

Oh crap, scrap that. Ive had a bit of a drink (lightweight here), so on that bombshell I might log out! Before it gets worse. There was a lot of red underline in that that needed correcting.

Answer to original message otherwise 0 the game and person I would be was Jack as was said above by someone else, in the game at Blues, except I would clothes-line the pitch invader "in self defence" and turn to the crowd in that who's next / come get some way. I would then invent a time machine and have a go at this question again and come back and be Peter Schmeichel for a laugh pulling off this absolute piece of brilliance:

Night!

new york nyc GIF

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I would be Jack Grealish in 2021. And I would stay (fk it, bullet points time)

- stay at the club of my home, my city, as I say it to be

- be assured of game time, likely number 1 on teamsheet

- afterall, they gave me the captains armband and stood by me at times of my own indiscretions

- and be that catalyst to drive forward the club 

- knowing that age 24/25 I have time on my side to evolve with the ambitions of the club and its desire to add to the trophy cabinet - i could help that happen

- to be that modern day Le Tiss, proving everyone wrong that big players can stay where they are and be that anomaly, the one that was even idolised by neutrals of every other club for my career choice

- thus also cementing my place as a first XI'er for my beloved country

- to generally just be a role model overall and inspiration to all young Villa fans

- and be synonymous for life with Villa and all things Villa 

- and at every opportunity, which may only be once every few seasons, because the scum will still be sub-PL, to absolutely play in God Mode when drawn against Blues in the cups and go all out on the pitch to hurt them, with performances that get their idiot fans heading to the exits by half time as the score rises against them

- to take on a player coach role at the club, earning my badges with the very youth I maybe helped inspire, and wondering why, hey, why the hell are so many of our intake called Jack, then realising

- giving something back to the club and maybe even taking up management

- BONUS - I would probably also be more faithful to my stunning "childhood sweetheart" missus or at least end it respectfully if deep down it wasn't working, then whatever I did off the pitch i would at least cover tracks in my love life to ensure no traces made it into the papers or... just be a bit more mature in the least. Likewise with the company I keep over the years, and take more care of my body and how I spent my time off the pitch, afterall, regardless of skill, there's a reason why Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic etc are in such prime physical condition in their late 30s. In fact, speaking of Zlatan, I would probably date a woman like he married, one that did not give a flying ---- for my ego or star celebrity status, earned her own wage and wasn't dependent on me, and kept me in check when I needed to be, not these dumbass vacuous reality TV star bimbos who just want to raise their profile and earn a couple of minutes more past their allotted fifteen. 

bnDvjPk.jpg

For me, Benito Carbone vs Leeds. Top class

• Haha 4

Â