Formula One - 2022

BOF

Would Red Bull have been dense enough to breach these rules? Or is this Mercedes' last desperate throw of the dice? I can't see them stripping RB of their points somehow but it would definitely cause mayhem in the Championships if Red Bull get punished! 

8 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Would Red Bull have been dense enough to breach these rules? Or is this Mercedes' last desperate throw of the dice? I can't see them stripping RB of their points somehow but it would definitely cause mayhem in the Championships if Red Bull get punished! 

I don't think Merc have anything to do with this. Sky are just interviewing Toto about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

“our SUBMISSION was below the cap”

lol. Should be a Tory MP

He’s very, very careful with his words.

What was “submitted” was below the cap, I don’t doubt that. I guess the potential problem would be if they spent money which wasn’t part of the submission. FIA have delayed their conclusion from July to September to October. Something is definitely up.

Just now, MaVilla said:

Red bull will get away with it I reckon (if they did break the cap).

At the very most some bulls*** fine, or something that doesn't impact the results.

It would need a bit of a revolt from the other teams to see them severely punished.

53 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Red bull will get away with it I reckon (if they did break the cap).

At the very most some bulls*** fine, or something that doesn't impact the results.

Yeah will definitely end that way. 

There should already be an asterix next to last year's championship, but surely if it comes out they went over the spending cap it's just not a real championship anymore. 

I think what makes it all so much worse was it stopped Lewis breaking the record. 

If they've overspent how can they just issue a fine? Why won't all teams just do the same and pay off the fine next time and get the most advantages they possibly can. 

It also looks much worse in the current climate where people lost their jobs so teams could stay under the cap and RB just didn't give a ****. 

At what point do the FIA risk the reputation of the sport by not punishing Redbull?

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

What a crazy end that was. Max from 8th will at least be entertaining

He’ll be first at about turn 7 if any of the previous races are anything to go by 😂