Formula One - 2022

BOF

6 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Lewis unlucky with the safety car, but why tell his crew that they put him in a difficult position? Wasn't their fault.

Yeah that was very poor form

Entertaining race for Australia which is usually a parade. New regulations look like they definitely help. 

Nice result. Le Clerc looking like the favourite. 

Great to see Merc and McLaren looking more competitive

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that was very poor form

I’m an armchair F1 fan, so whilst I watch the races, I’m not invested enough to follow career’s or be able to form a qualified opinion of the drivers personalities,  nor do I really understand teams strategy.  

So I always want Lewis to win because he’s a Brit, and I’ve never understood the criticism he gets from British people.  But I think instance’s like the one you allude to today probably paints a different picture. The team absolutely couldn’t foresee a safety car 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I’m an armchair F1 fan, so whilst I watch the races, I’m not invested enough to follow career’s or be able to form a qualified opinion of the drivers personalities,  nor do I really understand teams strategy.  

So I always want Lewis to win because he’s a Brit, and I’ve never understood the criticism he gets from British people.  But I think instance’s like the one you allude to today probably paints a different picture. The team absolutely couldn’t foresee a safety car 

Lewis does this kind of thing a lot unfortunately. He goes on about winning/losing as a team but he bloody loves to publicly criticise them over and over again.

They make big calls, some times it pays off, sometimes it doesn’t.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Lewis does this kind of thing a lot unfortunately. He goes on about winning/losing as a team but he bloody loves to publicly criticise them over and over again.

They make big calls, some times it pays off, sometimes it doesn’t.

He does, also very publicly, aplogise when it’s on him though 

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

That Ferrari with Leclerc is crazy good. 

Be interesting to see if they can keep it up, or keep up with the inevitable improvements that’ll come from red bull in terms of reliability, but they’re building a hell of a cushion at the moment

If Leclerc keeps up the advantage for a couple of races, then whilst the Red Bulls will improve and might become quicker than him, the Mercedes will also improve and become a nuisance to the Red Bulls - Leclerc just needs to try and build an advantage now and then watch the points get distributed all over the place later in the year, making his advantage harder to pull back.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, av1 said:

To be fair to Lewis he did fairly quickly explain that he was not complaining about the safety car. He was complaining about being told by the team to back off and run in clean air because his engine was overheating effectively ending his push to catch and pass Russell.  This was the impact of a number of strategic choices for the race including how turned up the engine was and how hard he was told to push earlier.

All that said it is still an unnecessary poor little me wining moment, but makes more sense than the completely illogical complaint about the safety car.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Straggler said:

To be fair to Lewis he did fairly quickly explain that he was not complaining about the safety car. He was complaining about being told by the team to back off and run in clean air because his engine was overheating effectively ending his push to catch and pass Russell.  This was the impact of a number of strategic choices for the race including how turned up the engine was and how hard he was told to push earlier.

All that said it is still an unnecessary poor little me wining moment, but makes more sense than the completely illogical complaint about the safety car.

Easy to just make assumptions though.

buzzing for Leclerc, buzzing about Verstoppin’

• Like 1

Yeah, he did explain it away to be fair. It never made a huge amount of sense that he'd blame the team for the safety car. Although I still don't think he should have publicly criticised his team like that.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Mercedes have really messed up with these new cars. It's terrible. 

When they went to a design so drastically different to everyone else it was gonna go one of 2 ways. Sadly for them, they got it wrong.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It's fantastic imo. 

On one hand yes, in an ideal world they’d have a similar pace to Red Bull and Ferrari to make it really interesting but what we have is the next best thing.