Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The problem is this type of game is miles off being 2-1 up in the cup at Old Trafford and then he drops a basic cross and we become very nervous in defence and concede preventable goals.

He'll concede 2-3 at Anfield if he plays. With Emi you have that aura and assurance and belief he can be a brick wall at any moment when opposition are getting shots in, Olsen just dosen't have anywhere close to that level and that's without the basic misjudgements from crosses and his mediocre distribution.

Fully agree, and that's why I would like us to bring in a seasoned reliable back up GK.

Hope he can keep a clean sheet today and build some confidence.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The problem is this type of game is miles off being 2-1 up in the cup at Old Trafford and then he drops a basic cross and we become very nervous in defence and concede preventable goals.

He'll concede 2-3 at Anfield if he plays. With Emi you have that aura and assurance and belief he can be a brick wall at any moment when opposition are getting shots in, Olsen just dosen't have anywhere close to that level and that's without the basic misjudgements from crosses and his mediocre distribution.

How many would Olsen have conceded at Newcastle?

4 minutes ago, Callum said:

give it a rest mate - he's made some good saves.

In fairness, yes he has and if he keeps a clean sheet, he deserves credit. It's one thing doing this against Hibs but another against a decent prem team. 

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How many would Olsen have conceded at Newcastle?

Probably 6 or 7. He conceded 4 in 45 minutes last season.

Emi made a brilliant one on one save from Tonali just after the first we conceded and there was also a great close range stop at some point in second half when we just gave up defending.

56 minutes ago, lexicon said:

In fairness, yes he has and if he keeps a clean sheet, he deserves credit. It's one thing doing this against Hibs but another against a decent prem team. 

It is and it isn't.

A shot fired low and hard from a Hibs player is exactly the same as a shot from a PL player. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Folski said:

He’s no where near good enough lads anyone saying otherwise is nuts. I can appreciate people not liking abuse but he’s simply not good enough to be our back up.

Agree. He’s not a poor keeper but he doesn’t have the abilities needed to play in a team that plays a very high line and likes to play out from the back. He could be useful if he was either ok with the ball at his feet or quick of his line, but he’s neither.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He saved about 3 certain goals, credit where it's due.

Im sorry  ut against bettee opposition we would have conceded a lot tonight. I just do not rate him. He just does command like a keeper should

4 minutes ago, birdman said:

He's a quality shot stopper who lacks command and precence in his area. I still maintain he'll improve from gametime this season. For the time being happy to have him as backup. Did well tonight.

Spot - on, it can't be easy when EMI sets such a high bar, but he has undoubtedly improved from the nervous,  mistake ridden keeper we had come to expect. It amazes me how some just find it easier to criticise that give credit when its deserved, and tonight it most certainly was.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sorry  ut against bettee opposition we would have conceded a lot tonight. I just do not rate him. He just does command like a keeper should

He stopped a certain equaliser against Burnley, and then we went and got a third. Regardless of your assessment of him, he still deserves credit when it's due, as does any player who puts on that shirt. Your hypothesis doesn't make sense, Burnley are better than Hibs, he didn't lose us the game. In fact, I'm struggling to remember when he did cost us a game. I hope Emi is fit for Saturday, if not, then it's important that the fans get behind Olsen and hopefully he can draw more confidence from that support. 

• Like 1

Â