Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

Olsen clearly isn't good enough, so a new backup keeper in summer should be a priority.  Given Emery's tendency to sign players he's worked with before, I can see us going for David Soria whose contract is up in the summer.  He was his backup at Sevilla, and played all the Europa League games when they beat Liverpool in the final.

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Doubt he’ll play Boxing Day to be honest. Today is the big party celebration in Argentina - Dec 20th. Would think Emi will then take 21st and 22nd to hang out and see family there, do TV stuff, etc. Then 23rd back to UK, train 24th and Christmas Day, play Boxing Day.

I'd be shocked if Emi is back for Spurs, nevermind Liverpool. 

He will get some time off I'm sure.

Edited by GlobalVillan

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Wonder how he did today?

No idea , hopefully  very well as he is likely to be playing against Liverpool and it will boost his confidence if he has had a good game. Unfortunately too many people have decided already  that he is shit and if we do lose against Liverpool regardless of the circumstances it will be his fault.

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I read that Marschall played all 90 minutes.

Not to put even more of a dampener on things, but we might be looking at a strapped up, half fit Olsen on Boxing Day.

I'm sure there's FB posts blaming Olsen for both goals

He was really poor in his last appearance, that's the issue.

If all the Man. United goals had just flown into the top corner then I wouldn't have a big problem but he got the jitters and that caused a very experienced backline to make basic errors.

Do it v Liverpool and yes we will be conceding 2 and probably 3.

Think we just need to stop having stop gaps as number 2s and scout a young keeper with big potential to be number one as given the noise around Emi now we'll need to make that signing sooner or later.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

he's playing minimum next 2 games. gotta get behind him and show a bit of encouragement on boxing day

He'll get encouragement.

Fans will be annoyed if he passes the ball to any Liverpool players.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

He'll get encouragement.

Fans will be annoyed if he passes the ball to any Liverpool players.

are you really expecting him to go 90 mins with 100% pass accuracy.?

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He was really poor in his last appearance, that's the issue.

If all the Man. United goals had just flown into the top corner then I wouldn't have a big problem but he got the jitters and that caused a very experienced backline to make basic errors.

Do it v Liverpool and yes we will be conceding 2 and probably 3.

Think we just need to stop having stop gaps as number 2s and scout a young keeper with big potential to be number one as given the noise around Emi now we'll need to make that signing sooner or later.

Why would a young keeper ruin any potential by coming here to sit on our bench. People need to realise 2nd choice keepers are not top class keepers

Bayern Munich have Sven Ulreich as No.2 and Real Madrid have Lunin and Olsen is probably better than both of them

We were linked to Randolph in January and people threw a tantrum about that as well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

and what young keeper with big potential will come to us knowing that he has zero chance of a PL game as long as martinez is at the club? look around the league, how many top drawer number 2s are there? you're looking at kelleher and mendy and that's about it. spurs' back up is fraser forster ffs. the 'stop gap' is just the way it is i'm afraid. olsen had a mare against utd, no question, but we can still do worse

• Like 1

They can still get games in cups like Olsen has done. It will be easier if we're in europa in near future as then you have six group games to play with.

Good example is Matt Turner. Played in europa and league cup for Arsenal and I was impressed with his level for US in world cup, Arsenal signed him for a few million in the summer.

Â