Lucas Digne

villan-scott

Just now, macandally said:

You may want to buy a phone with a scroll function?

I've seen the posts mate. you posted posts that said Digne had done well but it was against bad opposition.

None of these posts are saying he can ONLY do it against crap opposition. They're just being wary at drawing too many conclusions from a game against sub par teams. 

Nothing you posted supports your original comment. But I think you know that really ;) 

Well for clarity, my post doesn't support the contention you seem to be making. Neither of the posts quoted say he can only do it against poor sides,  but simply cautioning against extrapolating too far with regards his longer term role here. I am pleased he has done well, confidence is confidence however it comes along. But we wouldn't buy a player based on their performances in those two games alone ( or at least I hope not!). 

Cautioning against overdoing the praise is not the same as being unfairly critical. 

I can appreciate Digne’s qualities and recognise that he doesn’t particularly fit with Emery’s desired approach, I just think he’s worth keeping as an alternative option at LB. If the first way isn’t working, it’s useful to be able to change it up. 

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've seen the posts mate. you posted posts that said Digne had done well but it was against bad opposition.

None of these posts are saying he can ONLY do it against crap opposition. They're just being wary at drawing too many conclusions from a game against sub par teams. 

Nothing you posted supports your original comment. But I think you know that really ;) 

I disagree, but isn’t that what forums are for?

The insinuation (pretty clearly in my view) is that he has performed well only because it’s sub-standard opposition.

18 minutes ago, macandally said:

I disagree, but isn’t that what forums are for?

The insinuation (pretty clearly in my view) is that he has performed well only because it’s sub-standard opposition.

Well i can't speak for everyone else, but that certainly wasn't the insinuation in my post. 

You've clearly inferred things incorrectly

41 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Some guy triggered on AV FB because Digne awarded Player of the Match 🙄

Screenshot_20230824_223952_Facebook.jpg.1cd94b2c253261042c3a3be825dfac02.jpg

It's the last line there that made me sigh. He was making an argument, then suddenly he throws in an unrelated thing that clearly occupies a lot of his brain time. 

He could very well be staying and improving under Unai… Acuna is injured… only other link is to Tavares but… doubts over him (seemed to have a good loan at Marseille and only 23 though)…

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Digne only played well because it was Hibs, everyone needs to calm down.

Rubbish. Is Ollie suddenly a bad player because he scored a hat trick against them? It’s a nonsense argument 

• Like 1

Tanswell makes good points there, particularly the last one…

How much success are we going to have from high crosses in the PL? Cutbacks, forward runs, incisive play, low crosses all suit our side and players better…

I think he can adapt but Moreno will take over when he returns…

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Rubbish. Is Ollie suddenly a bad player because he scored a hat trick against them? It’s a nonsense argument 

I think you have missed the convo between SteveO and Macandally

This was tongue in cheek

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Digne only played well because it was Hibs, everyone needs to calm down.

Wow, we have had both extremes in this thread now 😂 Both ends of the spectrum!

I don’t think anyone is getting carried away either, and no one is getting beaten up on 😂

Let’s just have some balance and neutrality…

Hope he keeps this up and continues to do well…

Â