Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Emery said in his presser that Digne wants to leave but will remain this window because of his injury. Apparently Emery told him he was not in his plans prior to Moreno being signed.

Unless he takes a circa 50% pay cut then he won't be going anywhere quickly 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

He's talking about Augustinson. He's(Emery) already told him he'll let him go so he want's to leave but with the injury to Digne he'll have to hang around. That's what Emery is talking about in the presser.

You’re right just re-listened 👍🏻. I need to get the hang of Unai’s delivery and pay closer attention.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We paid too much, paid him too much and had  eventually have had to replace him. But he played a massive part in finally beating Man U at villa park. So worth every penny!

Eh he's definitely a better defender on the evidence available than Moreno. Moreno looks like a winger we're just playing at LB and telling Luiz and Mings to keep an eye on him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Eh he's definitely a better defender on the evidence available than Moreno. Moreno looks like a winger we're just playing at LB and telling Luiz and Mings to keep an eye on him. 

No way. Moreno will be a first choice left back even when Digne is back. I’d put money on it. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No way. Moreno will be a first choice left back even when Digne is back. I’d put money on it. 

I'd be pretty certain Emery will pick between them depending on the opposition and if we're home / away. Moreno will probably start more than Digne overall though. But it'll not be a first choice / backup dynamic. 

• Like 1

In Rugby, the experienced players on the bench are called the "finishers" and are brought on usually for final 30 mins or so to manage the game and use their experience to get over the line. With the 5 subs I can see a lot of this being similar for football now. 

• Like 2

On 24/01/2023 at 14:22, Vive_La_Villa said:

We paid too much, paid him too much and had  eventually have had to replace him. But he played a massive part in finally beating Man U at villa park. So worth every penny!

I don’t think he’s a bad signing, but for me I can’t get excited with PL signings, or big names who are regressing. I hope we never go to that way apart from loans possibly. Because you never get then unless with high wages, with no resale value.

• Like 1

City lost Cancelo and have injuries across the back.  Although Lucas is exclusively left sided I could see him fitting their style of play.  The rumours might not be miles off. 

If the offer is real, I'd be OK seeing him go. Think we've seen the limit of what he can offer us

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

City lost Cancelo and have injuries across the back.  Although Lucas is exclusively left sided I could see him fitting their style of play.  The rumours might not be miles off. 

If the offer is real, I'd be OK seeing him go. Think we've seen the limit of what he can offer us

There is talk Bernardo Silva is surplus to requirements....

Â