Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The bloke took out like 4 - 5 players in one move at one point yesterday ffs. Ridiculous.

Criminal to have certain certain levels of football ( lack of ) intelligence around him.

Imagine doing something like that, then watching a team mate literally pass the ball to an opposition player, unforced 🤦🏿

coutinho himself can be sloppy in possession. he put a simple pass out to digne out of play just yesterday. he does it more often than you'd like.

Edited by abdomlahor

40 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

coutinho himself can be sloppy in possession. he put a simple pass out to digne out of play just yesterday. he does it more often than you'd like.

Salah don't score goals every game either, shocking .

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Salah don't score goals every game either, shocking .

i'm not having a go. he was our best player in the first half yesterday. i'm just pointing out that he isn't beyond criticism.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

i'm not having a go. he was our best player in the first half yesterday. i'm just pointing out that he isn't beyond criticism.

Yep. He’s also had games where he’s pretty much been non-existent.

Still wanna sign him though, lol.

There can be nothing more frustrating for a playmaker than to have your chances spooned. That free kick was ingenious only for that donkey Ings to fluff it. Every time he has a quiet game, I put it on the other players because when he gets the ball he almost always does something with it. If he isn’t getting the ball the there’s not much he can do about it. With better strikers he’d have triple the assists he has.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

There can be nothing more frustrating for a playmaker than to have your chances spooned. That free kick was ingenious only for that donkey Ings to fluff it. Every time he has a quiet game, I put it on the other players because when he gets the ball he almost always does something with it. If he isn’t getting the ball the there’s not much he can do about it. With better strikers he’d have triple the assists he has.

He was our best player on Saturday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He was our best player on Saturday.

No doubt. I wasn’t saying he was quiet in that game, just in others where he has. He doesn’t have poor games, he just has games where he doesn’t get the ball because he’s almost faultless when he gets it.

So Micah Richards on BBC Radio 5 Live is convinced that Coutinho is leaving at the end of the season. Dan Bardell of the youtube channel Villa View is convinced that Coutinho is a done deal and he is staying. Who is right, any ideas?

2 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

So Micah Richards on BBC Radio 5 Live is convinced that Coutinho is leaving at the end of the season. Dan Bardell of the youtube channel Villa View is convinced that Coutinho is a done deal and he is staying. Who is right, any ideas?

i would imagine Bardell is closer to the club than sicknote Richards.

I am sure i have heard Bardell knows someone/or some people within the club, but whether he gets inside scoops, no idea.

But tbh, not sure either would know, one way or the other.

Well we have first option, and I think it absolutely clear we will exercise that option, so then it's down to the player. Does he see enough in the Villa squad and in the incoming signings to want to stay?

2 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Well we have first option, and I think it absolutely clear we will exercise that option, so then it's down to the player. Does he see enough in the Villa squad and in the incoming signings to want to stay?

It’s an unusual situation, normally players are looking to move to bigger clubs. Coutinho has done all that and seems to be driven by other things (money still being on of them though). I still wonder what will happen to his motivation after the World Cup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think he will stay.  Seems happy here and will be the apple of Stevie's eye  in a World Cup year. What that does to our record signing is another matter.

Buendia should get a run in McGinn's position imo. Perhaps that's the plan with a new DM and Luiz likely leaving.

He's hit and miss but just being eternal sub feels a waste with some of his qualities so I wouldn't say signing Coutinho full time means Buendia will never play.

New DM

Buendia Ramsey

Coutinho

could be a thing given Phil and Emi behind a CF hasn't been really shown to work at all.

8 hours ago, og1874 said:

Why are people so obsessed with wanting Buendia in CM? He’s a right winger playing out of position as a 10, and we want to push him even more out of position into CM?

He is probably the best presser in the squad. He needs to be in the team somehow

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is probably the best presser in the squad. He needs to be in the team somehow

Could Coutinho play as a false 9, allowing to Buendia to play as the 10 (providing we play with two strikers).  The Luiz thread had a good analysis of the Spurs game, because Coutinho doesn't press, Luiz had to vacate his position to press Bentencur.  Buendia playing as the 10 would press more, allowing Luiz to concentrate on his role.  

Â