Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

5 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Plus he gets to live in Barnt Green. 

As lovely as Barnt Green is, all the South Americans at Villa live in or around Sutton. Makes sense with Bodymoor nearby :) 

• Sad 1

Said it before and I'll say it again, the club needs to do everything they can to make him permanent. Can't recall seeing a better player in a Villa shirt ever in my lifetime. 

My hope is that the club are already hard at work making his move permanent. But I expect there will be loads of interest in him. 

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, the club needs to do everything they can to make him permanent. Can't recall seeing a better player in a Villa shirt ever in my lifetime. 

My hope is that the club are already hard at work making his move permanent. But I expect there will be loads of interest in him. 

Unless they want to see if he holds home injury-wise. It would be stupid not to go ahead and trigger the thing. He’s clearly shown enough that he’s worth it. 

"transfer not as simple as people think but we do have an option"

so guessing that means we have first option but contract still needs to be negotiated

i'm confident, i'm sure we'll find a way to get the deal done

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

so guessing that means we have first option but contract still needs to be negotiated

I think it's probably very close to being done, but gotta tie up any loose ends. A complex deal.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

What’d he say?

Basically thats its not straight forward. If it was up to him and it was his cash he’d have him in a heartbeat- said he knows how ambitious the owners are and we’ll see. Phil is happy enjoying his football again etc.

Basically its going to come down to Phil and whether or not what we pay him will be enough

Just now, tomav84 said:

We are getting the best out of him, Gerrard knows him better than anyone. I don't think the money will be an issue, he's not just brilliant he's world class. Pay him what he wants, we'll get it back in spades

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

That's a little concerning to hear. But if we have a decent finish to the season I'm also pretty confident he'll be signing for us on a permanent.

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Interesting comments on the transfer situation there by Gerrard. Hopefully Phil can make it happen for us.

Sounded like there is a deal in place and it’s all about can we afford him , wages wise 

Edited by tonyh29

5 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

That's a little concerning to hear. But if we have a decent finish to the season I'm also pretty confident he'll be signing for us on a permanent.

I think even if was 99% certain he'd stay, we wouldn't want to say that until it was actually confirmed. Otherwise you could end up with egg on your face

His output is excellent. Scored 4 and genuinely could have had double that. I never thought he'd be that good in front of goal. 

Â