Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

18 minutes ago, Adman said:

He got it wrong it's:

There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.'

George Bush said so

🤣

"I know how hard it is to put food on your family"

6 hours ago, Adman said:

He got it wrong it's:

There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.'

George Bush said so

Reminds me I haven’t changed my signature for about 10 years 

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Whats the point of a clause if Barca can back out of it? Its a rhetorical question, as know none of us know exactly the details of the contract. 

The clause means they can only charge us a maximum of £33m (and supposedly Tottenham as well). 

If Arsenal came in Barcelona would be free to ask Arsenal for £50-60m if they want. 

If Barcelona agree to a sale with multiple clubs Coutinho would have a choice to make as to which team to sign with. 

I’d like to think he would be happy here and stay on but who knows. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think it's safe to say. As long as the fans don't turn on him or his idol he'll be here next season. So be nice people!!! 

Just wait until Coutinho has two or three bad games in a row, the usual Villa accounts on Twitter will immediately begin to ask questions.

”Is it time to bench this overpaid diva and bring Trezeguet home from Turkey 🤷‍♂️?”

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

The clause means they can only charge us a maximum of £33m (and supposedly Tottenham as well). 

If Arsenal came in Barcelona would be free to ask Arsenal for £50-60m if they want. 

If Barcelona agree to a sale with multiple clubs Coutinho would have a choice to make as to which team to sign with. 

"Apparently" 

Alternatively as with seemingly every other agreement to buy clause Phil has already pre agreed terms with us and we just activate it if we wish. 

This seems to be the way all previous clauses have worked although you and I don't know the details. 

I can't recall any previous agreement to buy clause which has resulted in an auction to bidders. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

"Apparently" 

Alternatively as with seemingly every other agreement to buy clause Phil has already pre agreed terms with us and we just activate it if we wish. 

This seems to be the way all previous clauses have worked although you and I don't know the details. 

I can't recall any previous agreement to buy clause which has resulted in an auction to bidders. 

Yeah we've been around this a few times and there is the possibility that's the case. The noise from the Barca jounalists are indicating the first scenario though and there's nothing out there I've seen indicating the second (we are all hoping for the second of course!)   

The thing with this scenario is that its a little unusual. Normally clubs loan players that are not good enough so if the new player finds a home that fits them they are grateful to sign on. In this case we have managed to loan a world class talent and Barcelona need to sell to balance the books. It might end up with more competition for him than your typical 'loan then buy' agreement normally has. 

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

"Apparently" 

Exactly. With the clause we have first dibs. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Exactly. With the clause we have first dibs. 

I dont think with the Barcelona media name dropping West Ham, Spurs and Arsenal that this is a done deal for us. They are trying to encourage a bidding war this summer 

Barcelona will also prefer the team that will take the largest amount of his salary off the books. He just took a pay cut for the loan

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think with the Barcelona media name dropping West Ham, Spurs and Arsenal that this is a done deal for us. They are trying to encourage a bidding war this summer 

Barcelona will also prefer the team that will take the largest amount of his salary off the books. He just took a pay cut for the loan

I don't think his salary will be Barcelona's concern whoever he signs for permanently. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Adman said:

He got it wrong it's:

George Bush said so

Blow Up Walking Away GIF - Blow Up Walking Away Csi Miami - Discover &  Share GIFs

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah we've been around this a few times and there is the possibility that's the case. The noise from the Barca jounalists are indicating the first scenario though and there's nothing out there I've seen indicating the second (we are all hoping for the second of course!)   

The thing with this scenario is that its a little unusual. Normally clubs loan players that are not good enough so if the new player finds a home that fits them they are grateful to sign on. In this case we have managed to loan a world class talent and Barcelona need to sell to balance the books. It might end up with more competition for him than your typical 'loan then buy' agreement normally has. 

What “Barca journalists” are you reading?

Edited by Aston_Villan4

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I don't think his salary will be Barcelona's concern whoever he signs for permanently. 

Mm well Barcelona will still probably have to eat a lot of his wages next season. Coutinho advisors wont want him losing millions for the season 

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Didn’t he take a pay cut to be here? Wouldn’t they apply to the remainder of the  contract?

I doubt it. I would just say we are not paying all his wages and Barca are still giving out a good chunk.

And to the second question, the remainder of what contract?

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

I doubt it. I would just say we are not paying all his wages and Barca are still giving out a good chunk.

And to the second question, the remainder of what contract?

The Barca one. Doesn’t his contract at Barcelona end in 2023 so next year would be the last year of it?

45 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

The Barca one. Doesn’t his contract at Barcelona end in 2023 so next year would be the last year of it?

Ah ok. Not sure when it ends, but I'd imagine if we sign him Barca will be picking up a chunk of the wages until his contract there runs out giving him his full whack until then. Then, for example if we give him a 3 year contract, it'll be down to what we agree with him for the rest of his time here and how much he is willing to give up, because I doubt that we can pay what Barca have been. Not that they could pay it either:D

• Thanks 1

Â