Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

An option to buy does not normally give the player any ability to back out of it, if it did it would be fairly pointless. If we exercise the option then Coutinho becomes a Villa player

The comment Aston Villa don’t do release clauses springs to mind

Got a horrible feeling about this

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The comment Aston Villa don’t do release clauses springs to mind

Got a horrible feeling about this

I think both Barca and Villa have said there is an option to buy. There is no need for u to have a horrible feeling about this. 

• Like 2

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

I think both Barca and Villa have said there is an option to buy. There is no need for u to have a horrible feeling about this. 

I really hope not mate, the whole Grealish episode has left me somewhat once bitten twice as shy. I will be on edge until he signs on the dotted line, I’m sure many others will even though it seems like we have all the options

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Might even be a better finisher than Olney or Ormondroyd this lad.

You take the piss but look at the header Olney scored against Everton in the 6 - 2 from 1989. It was like some kind of Matrix manouver like he turned into Neo or something. 

Which reminds me, Ian Olney owes me a beer.

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

I think the key difference is that Coutinho has already signed on the dotted line and agreed that if Villa want to make it permanent then we can. We are taking him for a test drive. If we like the feel of him he will be ours. The fee is agreed at 33m and wages already agreed too

🤞🤞🤞🤞

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Can someone please point me in the direction of one single option to buy clause where the buying club has exercised the option and the deal hasn't completed?

Toby Alderweireld, is the only one I can think of anything similar.  Loan with option to buy at Southampton from Atletico Madrid, but ended up at Spurs due to Madrid having a buy out option by paying the loan fee back to Southampton.  I imagine loan deals with options to buy are more watertight now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Everton in the 6 - 2 from 1989

One of my all time favourite villa games, I think it was Sid who scored first beating Southall on the near post with a belter on the break?

Also loved Olney, great season that one... if only herbert had spent what was needed...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

One of my all time favourite villa games, I think it was Sid who scored first beating Southall on the near post with a belter on the break?

Also loved Olney, great season that one... if only herbert had spent what was needed...

If I recall it was a rare Sunday lunchtime game for the time, 25k attendance 

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think the key difference is that Coutinho has already signed on the dotted line and agreed that if Villa want to make it permanent then we can. We are taking him for a test drive. If we like the feel of him he will be ours. The fee is agreed at 33m and wages already agreed too

how do we know this?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I think we shouldn't get carried away though, I remember people wanting Barkley at £40m last season before his form plummeted. 

Agree.  During Project Restart everyone was fawning over Douglas Luiz and saying we need to pay Man City whatever it takes to get rid of the buy back clause.  Lots of other examples. No need to rush into anything if we do not have to.

What a goal.

I read the match report and it wasn't just a fleeting moment of brilliance, Coutinho ran the show.

He played seventy minutes or so and these two Brazil games have helped his match-fitness.

A week or so training with the Villa will help tactically too, hopefully we win the next game against Dirty Leeds.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, romavillan said:

It marked the rise of David Platt, he was into the England team after that game (I think he got 2?) then Italia 90 happened and Platty was a superstar.

Sid did indeed score first👍

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â