New Year 2021/22

sidcow

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Before the phones get jammed with everyone saying the same thing... I miss the good old days 

:D My mom texted me that earlier.... "wishing you Happy New Year before it gets too busy"! That was 3pm! Thanks Mom!

I do remember the frustration of failed texts on my 3310 or 6310 as I tried to wish everyone in my phone book a Happy New Year at 00:01

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I always get a bit wistful on NYE, especially if I've been drinking. Had some great nights out over the years... some not so great ones, which usually involved getting punched, but it was always an event. Sex, drugs and sausage rolls. Now, i have no ups and downs... just fifty shades of **** beige. 

In a WhatsApp chat with 3 of my closest pals earlier... last time we all got together was late 2019. What a shit situation. Geography means we don't see each other that regularly but it was always at least once a quarter for a session. We were meant to go to the Euros together but lost out in the ballots after already having tickets. 

Here's to a better 2022. 

I am geographically challenged living my best life 

Its **** weird 

I had a stag do in September, got embarrassingly drunk for the England games in the summer with a lad I barely know and wasn't on the same wavelength as me (maybe as bad as 3 pints to 1 during some games)* after that I honestly don't think I got drunk all year 

Silver lining kind of is I've got no FOMO, partly because of having the baby but also cos I know no one can really do anything

The week corona took flybe so maybe early March 2020 was the week my mate had a MMA fight in Wolverhampton and I think that's the last time say 20 of my mates all got together for one big night that I missed cos my flight got cancelled, even the euros final was splintered 

* I think he enjoys it though and he's a good lad, asked me down the pub Sunday to watch villa 3pm and then Chelsea v Liverpool... That should be a fun way to start the first day back**

** ze germans of course being literall the bank holiday is the day it falls on, 1st Jan is a Bank Holiday and is a saturday so I get the day off 🙄 back to work Monday for me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KillieVillain said:

Wishing all Villa fans near and far a happy & healthy 2022,  no parties in Scotland so I'm off to nick McGinns Irn  Bru !

Surely everyone is in Carlisle tonight! 

:D 

• Haha 1

Happy new year you wonderful words removed.

Fog galore outside and not a single firework is visible. What a shame.....

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611197e510534d2ab381c

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 2

Happy New Year to you all :) 

Thank you all for for your posts, both the insightful and inane ones, all have been appreciated (save for a few in On Topic…). May there be more stupid threads to keep the sanity going on in 2022z

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

The pandemic frightened the hell out of me. I'm an old guy, triple bypass etc.

This summer I changed my life. Pandemic be damned, I moved from my home of the last forty years in Bromsgrove to a sprawling 1930's house in the Malvern Hills. The house is beautiful , the garden's enormous and the views are to die for.

I feel truly blessed to wake up every morning and look out over many miles of God's own country.

I even view Villa differently now because win lose or draw life is still awesome.

You do know everyone on VT now hates you? 

☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Happy New Year VT

Anyone done a cost analysis of how many nurses we could have got instead of wasting money on London fireworks that scare peoples dogs ?

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I even view Villa differently now because win lose or draw life is still awesome.

I feel like it's crazy hard to get there....but its so much better when you do! 

I love this place but it's the last thing I've got in terms of negaitivity and villa and this whole ruined my weekend nonsense 

As a swerve - what's everyone's resolution? Starting point will be I don't believe in such bollocks... But mine is stop drinking coke (which will last 3 weeks) and I've got to stop posting on VT so much 

• Like 1