New Year 2021/22

sidcow

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Happy New Year VT

Anyone down a cost analysis of how many nurses we could have got instead of wasting money on fireworks that scare peoples dogs ?

On fireworks - I'm seriously gutted, 3 nye ago when I moved here with no rona sat on my balcony drunk it seemed like my entire neighbourhood stepped outside and set fire to soemthing, it was incredible, Group of neighbours put a beer crate down set it on fire, firework went off hit the traffic light above it, bounced back in the crowd exploded everyone cheered, that kind of thing with hundreds of people, 20 minutes of fireworks and church bells everywhere, thick smoke blocking the road, street party then back inside, never seen anyhtibg like it

Corona has killed it and its depressing as ****, tonight I could hear them all around me but saw very few, maybe 30 people out on the street 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I do remember the frustration of failed texts on my 3310 or 6310 as I tried to wish everyone in my phone book a Happy New Year at 00:01

I just mentioned this to Mrs Sidcow. 

I know exactly where I was that first year Text messages on NYE became possible and you had to hit send again and again and again because it wouldn't get through. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I just mentioned this to Mrs Sidcow. 

I know exactly where I was that first year Text messages on NYE became possible and you had to hit send again and again and again because it wouldn't get through. 

Yeah, sometimes it would be SMS gridlock for an hour or two into the new year. Frustrating at the time but quite nostalgic now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

On fireworks - I'm seriously gutted, 3 nye ago when I moved here with no rona sat on my balcony drunk it seemed like my entire neighbourhood stepped outside and set fire to soemthing, it was incredible, Group of neighbours put a beer crate down set it on fire, firework went off hit the traffic light above it, bounced back in the crowd exploded everyone cheered, that kind of thing with hundreds of people, 20 minutes of fireworks and church bells everywhere, thick smoke blocking the road, street party then back inside, never seen anyhtibg like it

Corona has killed it and its depressing as ****, tonight I could hear them all around me but saw very few, maybe 30 people out on the street 

Was supposed to be In Reykjavik for New Year , but had to cancel with all the Covid uncertainty 

sounds like the entire population go out and lob fireworks at each other , sounds like great fun gutted to have missed it 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Next year will be **** mental with humankind let back off the leash. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Happy New Year everyone. Remember not to do any clothes washing today as you will wash one of your family away in the coming year (my mother just told me this in a very concerned fashion a few moments ago whilst wishing happy New Year after the same message from Dad a couple of days ago! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Happy New Year everyone. Remember not to do any clothes washing today as you will wash one of your family away in the coming year (my mother just told me this in a very concerned fashion a few moments ago whilst wishing happy New Year after the same message from Dad a couple of days ago! 

Sherry really is marvelous. 

• Haha 1

Mrs Sidcow just had a WhatsApp message from the lad. 

By some miracle he got a clear Covid test late last night and another today so managed to get himself out for NYE. First one away from us😥

I'm so pleased for him, he has missed so many rites of passage and was absolutely desperate not to be the only one in isolation whilst his mates were partying. He's been so depressed in his room all over Christmas. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

House parties should be banned. I know it’s New Years but I don’t want to hear drum and base and other loud shite from next door at 02:00. They have kids aged 4 and 7 who are up until 01:00 most nights and are up right now screeching to the music. Small Heath fans too. No signs of stopping yet either. I know I’m a miserable git but I do find stuff like that selfish. I wouldn’t do it to my neighbours, so why do it to me? Just want them to shut the **** up now. If you want an all nighter then **** off out somewhere.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well the ball just dropped in NYC which is still my spiritual home so Happy 2022 you lot! I hope it is wonderful for you all!

I'll probably be passed out by the time it hits midnight here. We did get about 6 inches of snow tonight though. Which was a nice way to start 2022.

430agfFE32aTVSVu.jpg

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Was supposed to be In Reykjavik for New Year , but had to cancel with all the Covid uncertainty 

sounds like the entire population go out and lob fireworks at each other , sounds like great fun gutted to have missed it 

It’s ace mate. Get up above the city as high as you can!

• Like 1