New Year 2021/22

sidcow

Happy New Year my VT brethren. 

I’m officially a boring old git, I was in bed for midnight complaining about the fireworks keeping me awake. To be fair the missus was up for work at 5am and I have had more than my fair share of debauchery over the years.

I hope you all have a happy and healthy new year. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Was supposed to be In Reykjavik for New Year , but had to cancel with all the Covid uncertainty 

sounds like the entire population go out and lob fireworks at each other , sounds like great fun gutted to have missed it 

That's what they do here too, same in Salzburg when I was there, Salzburg was thousands of people on the street just plonking boxes down and setting fire to them where ever they could, streets filled with smoke, the smoke then lights up, it was incredible 

1 person has died and 1 is seriously injured here after their homemade firework went wrong last night 

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Proposed to my girlfriend last night and she said yes 😀

My brother filmed the proposal, which included me on one knee with my hairy builder's arse crack in full view - I really need to invest in better elasticated jogging bottoms this year 🥴

Work circumstances meant we couldn't go out and do the needful and she hates drawing attention to herself so no restaurant or public proposals were on the cards......in case y'all thinking I didn't make any effort !

Congratulations my fellow Villa brother! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

House parties should be banned. I know it’s New Years but I don’t want to hear drum and base and other loud shite from next door at 02:00. They have kids aged 4 and 7 who are up until 01:00 most nights and are up right now screeching to the music. Small Heath fans too. No signs of stopping yet either. I know I’m a miserable git but I do find stuff like that selfish. I wouldn’t do it to my neighbours, so why do it to me? Just want them to shut the **** up now. If you want an all nighter then **** off out somewhere.

Exactly the type of reason we moved in the summer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

My brother filmed the proposal, which included me on one knee with my hairy builder's arse crack in full view - I really need to invest in better elasticated jogging bottoms this year 🥴

Work circumstances meant we couldn't go out and do the needful and she hates drawing attention to herself so no restaurant or public proposals were on the cards......in case y'all thinking I didn't make any effort !

You can go and have a drink in town, if you dare. 

Mate. 

😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Fair play mate congrats. Just don't post the video on any social media like a *******

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Congratulations mate. 

It's always good to see the New Year in with a bang. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Congratulations mate. 

It's always good to see the New Year in with a bang. 

Literally !

1411072688878_Image_galleryImage_No_Merchandising_Editoria.jpeg

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1