Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

I can't wait to see him in another job, just to see how badly it goes.  Wonder which club will be unlucky enough to fall for his "winning mentality" and get the next up-and-coming English manager.

Leeds on relegation

8 minutes ago, bobtrouser said:

lol just did the same thing. 50/50 villa are canny good / villa players dive all the time.

and the people who thought we were good - how shit is gerrard

I didn't realise they post like they talk. I was reading many in the voice of Ant and Dec

I’m getting progressively more and more mad at him for what he delivered at the start of the season. Playing the way we are now we fully deserve to fight for champions league football. Instead, we’ll likely come a few points short of that and then who knows what happens next season (injuries, loss of form, Pool/Chelsea possibly being better).

Charlatan. 

3 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I’m getting progressively more and more mad at him for what he delivered at the start of the season. Playing the way we are now we fully deserve to fight for champions league football. Instead, we’ll likely come a few points short of that and then who knows what happens next season (injuries, loss of form, Pool/Chelsea possibly being better).

Charlatan. 

It was sliding doors moment. We only got Emery because he was ready when Gerrard failed. He wasn't ready to take Newcastle because of his son but timing was right when we approached

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Charlatan. 

In a way we should be sort of relieved. If he had done marginally better he probably wouldn’t have been sacked, or not sacked after the Fulham game anyway. And we probably wouldn’t have Emery now.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah exactly.

In a way it's worked out brilliantly that Gerrard was a shit as he was. He sort of did us a favour in a roundabout sort of way. A bit like with Fulham beating us in the 2018 playoffs.

We really owe Fulham a lot 😂

• Like 3

Huh, I hadn’t twigged that it was Fulham in both of those sliding doors moments. 

Another thing which I’m not sure has been picked up on, maybe it has, one of the arguments for Gerrard was “he’s missing his two big signings, Carlos and Kamara”.

He was unlucky in that regard, and while Kamara would be a starter in Emery’s (and everyone’s) first XI, we’re doing ok without him. Even some of the little cameos in victories (Man United, Chelsea) it’s not like we weren’t going to win those matches if he wasn’t involved. He was way off the boil against Chelsea.

And Carlos hasn’t played a minute under Emery. We’ve done alright without him featuring too.

You could say Gerrard’s plans were disrupted (such as they were), but really, missing those two only carries so much weight. 

Â