Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I'm so deflated. Didn't want him here, then felt the feel good factor ebb away, the system he played was horrid even when winning it seemed based on the other teams mistakes, Philippe was a vanity purchase, hated the captain stuff was such poor man management. He tried to change everything when so much was already working.

I just want my club back! 

• Like 3

I got this one so wrong when he was appointed.  Thought that he was going to be great. And now 12 months later i am sat here wondering how we got it so wrong. 

Literally every word that came out of his mouth was never backed up. These are a few that i am paraphrasing. 

Put my stamp on the team and show them our identity..  Lie .

Take this break to do a mini preseason and give the players information . LIE. worse than ever when he did this 

I know Phil. I will get him back to the standards of before .  LIE 

I know Phil. Once he has a preseason he will be great for us ..LIE

I am sure Mick Beale will stay here. He has just bought a house . Does that seem like someone who is unhappy... fail

I am buying experienced players who are winners. To change the culture.  Fail 

I have raised the standards .. lie

One things for sure we wont be in a relelgation battle next season...  lie 

I will drop john mcginn if he is out of form .  Lie 

the man is just full of shit. 

I

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomC said:

Despite all the vitriol around here, I think that he's a decent man. He was just in way over his head. It was clear he was not going to take us anywhere. Onward and upward.

Here's the thing: I don't hate Gerrard and have nothing personal against him.

But I have absolutely no sympathy for him.

He jumped at the chance to use us as a stepping stone to the Liverpool job based on a decidedly mediocre resume of 1 trophy in a 2 horse race in 2.5 years of management and pals in the right places.

He got found out.

Should've bided his time and learnt his craft - but now is probably going to go into punditry the same way as all failed "former player" managers (Keane, Neville, Shearer, Sherwood et al) .

• Like 1

Keep working hard and maybe in time he can become the Steve Bruce of his generation. His name means he will keep getting jobs for as long as he can be bothered.

Have a feeling he will get bored of managing before too long and take a cushier job in media instead.

Would love him to get the Liverpool gig thou.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I got this one so wrong when he was appointed.  Thought that he was going to be great. And now 12 months later i am sat here wondering how we got it so wrong. 

Literally every word that came out of his mouth was never backed up. These are a few that i am paraphrasing. 

Put my stamp on the team and show them our identity..  Lie .

Take this break to do a mini preseason and give the players information . LIE. worse than ever when he did this 

I know Phil. I will get him back to the standards of before .  LIE 

I know Phil. Once he has a preseason he will be great for us ..LIE

I am sure Mick Beale will stay here. He has just bought a house . Does that seem like someone who is unhappy... fail

I am buying experienced players who are winners. To change the culture.  Fail 

I have raised the standards .. lie

One things for sure we wont be in a relelgation battle next season...  lie 

I will drop john mcginn if he is out of form .  Lie 

the man is just full of shit. 

I

Why are they lies? You know what a lie is, right? 

He wasn’t in my top 5 choices to replace Smith in order for us to “push on”… Not even in my top 10…

but I didn’t want him to fail as spectacularly as he did because that is only bad for us…

I grew to like him and wanted him to get his chance with his Liverpool - because to get that job, he would have had to have done well with us…

Alas, it wasn’t to be… and his credentials as a young prospect of a manager have taken a tanking

I have no hatred towards him.  Wanted him to succeed.  I feel sad that he failed in such spectacular fashion - because it’s affected my club.  

He didn’t do anything ‘wrong’ other than be shit. He remained respectful until the end, and I wish him well.

Deserved the sack, doesn’t deserve any nastiness.  

it’s like giving a child the keys to your Lambo and then wondering why he crashed it.  

I am MUCH more angry at the idiot(s) that sacked Smith to appoint a **** rookie.

I’m MUCH more angry at the idiot(s) who allowed him to get us into a situation where any decent manager is not likely to tarnish their reputation with what looks like a squad ready for relegation.  Should’ve been fired 6 weeks ago, when it was obvious to EVERYONE that he was in way over his head.

Edited by Thug
  • Like 1

After a promising start it just got worse and worse . Don’t understand the hatred towards him , he just wasn’t cut out for it.  Maybe one day he will, I don’t know or really care, but wish him well in his career. Time to move on again . 

• Like 3

Listening to Talks#ite on the way to work. Dean Saunders first of all saying knee jerk reaction, the players haven't performed and questioning the ambition of the owners having only doesn't £60 mill in the last window.  Oh and we've got no chance of attracting an elite manager because of the league position and squad quality. Look at the number of points between us and 10, still lots of games to play and with the right manager, formation and tactics or squad is certainly capable of a top 10 finish.

• Like 2

I was so angry last night and went straight to bed after the game. I’ve literally just seen the news and I am glad he’s gone. He was totally out of his depth. We must get the next appointment right, I hope Purslow knows what he’s doing.

Â