Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Thank you for attending this hastily arranged press conference.

The reason it’s been called is because it’s been brought to my attention that about a year ago, some of you misunderstood me when I said we were looking for “continuous improvement”.

What I clearly meant by that was we as a club have been actively pursuing the rights to show the much loved nineties sitcom “Home Improvement” starring Tim Allen before matches at Villa Park… 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Next three games critical to his future at the club. He needs three wins. Three wins he stays, two wins, 50-50, one win of less he goes.

It's always the next three games.

Bloke should have been sacked months ago.

Becoming a farce now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I remember the evening recently that we lost a game and I ended up writing Gerrard out over and over on every post and I kinda wish I still had that passion but now I’m just apathetic. 

Gerrard out

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

You, like everyone else here, just like to blame Gerrard for everything. :)

These boys have some skill, but they lack in many other departments. Bad thing is that to take us forward a new manager will have to get rid of expensive players that no-one wants.

So what you saying, keep Gerrard and give him £150 mill for better players.  Bournmouth are 10th, Fulham 11th, they have better players than us?

11 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

You, like everyone else here, just like to blame Gerrard for everything. :)

These boys have some skill, but they lack in many other departments. Bad thing is that to take us forward a new manager will have to get rid of expensive players that no-one wants.

You wait! Champagne football every week under a new manager.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

They wouldn't normally do a press conference to sack the manager, it would just be announced via a statement. This is either bollocks or something unrelated

exactly. 1) why would some nobody in a hospitality box get told about a press conference and 2) you don't hold press conferences to say your manager has been sacked unless the new guy is already in the door...which i doubt

20 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

That team had Jack, right?

You can bring in 11 Ollie Watkinsses or Buendias, but one Jack is ultimately more important.

Really? Shall we retire the shirt and just pack up shop then? 

I’d say replacing: Grealish, Trezeguet, Barkley, El Ghazi

With: Buendia, Coutinho, Ings, Bailey

Traore is still our player and Gerrard decided to bomb him out so won’t include for either.

Defence we’ve added Chambers, Digne, Young and Carlos. For El Mohamady, Hause and Targett

Midfield we’ve shipped out Hourihane and brought in Kamara, and Dendoncker for what that’s worth.

Not a universe we aren’t stronger overall if not all over the pitch right now than then for me.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 4

As much as Gerrard has made mistakes in his tactics and selection...he can't be blamed for players who simply can't do the basics.

Watkins...touch is throw in...even his shots were a throw in today.

Mings...always has a mistake in him more than.making the odd one.

Luiz...onlynwantsntje ball when he is between konsa and mings

Mcginn....huffs and puffs but again..lacks that real quality.

These are just a sample of that...there are more 

It's a combination of both a manager who's not good enough and players not good enough.

Recipe for a disaster and we are unfortunately following it step by step.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Has any Villa manager managed us to fewer goals? Feels like we never score and when we do it is out of nothing rather than build up. 

Under Lambert we went I think six prem games without scoring a goal twice in one actual season (14/15). But of course bar Benteke his resources were miniscule compared to what Gerrard has.

38 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Probably just the presser for Thursday? As much as I’d welcome Purslow sat next to Absolutelyanyone. 

They hold those at Bodymoor and it wouldn't be tomorrow.

That said we wouldn't hold a press conference to announce sacking Gerrard, it would be just a statement on the club socials. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They hold those at Bodymoor and it wouldn't be tomorrow.

That said we wouldn't hold a press conference to announce sacking Gerrard, it would be just a statement on the club socials. 

Probably wouldn't but it also strikes me as a Purslow thing to do

I missed the first half as I forgot my phone & left it on display in my car, so I decided to leave the ground to walk back & get it due to the risk of having a window smashed. I knew there was virtualy zero chance of missing a Villa goal too which made the decision easier. 

As it happens my daughter told me I missed the best part of our performance & due to that I can't comment on that part of the game. I did see the last 10 mins of the 1st half and most of the second however and from what I saw it was the usual. Decent approach play ruined by Non-League level forward play. 

It is just so predictable. I even said at half time that that would likely be our best and Potter would inevitably change it whilst Gerrard would stick resulting in them likely going two up when he would then panic and send on random subs but definatley not Archer..... Guess what.

2 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

Probably wouldn't but it also strikes me as a Purslow thing to do

Ha. I can imagine it now, Purslow sobbing alongside a 20ft portrait of Gerrard lifting european cup for Liverpool.

Stay strong Christian, you're going to need to put on your big boy pants this week.

2 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

This time last season we sacked our coach who got us promoted, kept us up and got a solid mid-table finish because "we couldn't see the continuous improvement we expected".

After 10 games he had 10 points. That's 1 more than we have now after the same number of games.

He actually accumulated those 10 points in 6 games. This time last season we were on a 4 game losing streak which is why we were still on 10 points. Right now we're just slowly chugging away consistently at less than 1 point per game. We've won just 2 games all season. 

Â