Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Levels of relief when he finally gets the sack will be unrivalled.

Went back and had a look at the Steve Bruce thread just before he was sacked in October 2018, and you would think you're reading the Steven Gerrard thread in October 2022.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Went back and had a look at the Steve Bruce thread just before he was sacked in October 2018, and you would think you're reading the Steven Gerrard thread in October 2022.

Reading that thread you can also see that there wasn’t anything in the media about him getting sacked. Then suddenly the Telegraph reported it on the 3rd and the confirmation came a little after that.

Gives us a bit of hope.

1 minute ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I hope the journalists at his presser for the Chelsea games really push him, and not allow him to spin a narrative that he’s a victim of Aston Villa Football Club.

You know he will, and his mates Carragher, Redknapp, Danny Murphy etc. will spin it that way as well.  But I couldn't care less, as long as he's gone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I hope the journalists at his presser for the Chelsea games really push him, and not allow him to spin a narrative that he’s a victim of Aston Villa Football Club.

That tactic didn't really work out for Scott Parker 😝

33 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I think the fact that 80% of the Villa faithful would happily see us smashed on Sunday just to get rid of him says a lot. He has to go. 

I’d agree if it guaranteed him going and we have a top manager ready to step straight in.

The main problem is, Purslow will say well that’s not a game we expected to win and the performance was solid etc etc. Whilst that to some extent may be true, the problem is we didn’t make hay while the sun shone. So we haven’t got anything like enough points in the bank against weaker opponents. Not even enough points to be comfortably away from the relegation scrap, let alone enough to look like a European qualifier. 

While Purslow is here and moving the goal posts to suit his pal, we’ll never get anywhere. We can’t expect to win any game but we should have a plan to win any game and a manager that’s capable of creating and implementing the plan. 

Never mind a night in Istanbul. We’re Aston Villa and we had our own night in Rotterdam. Maybe most people didn’t expect us to win, but we had a plan and a level of belief that gave us hope we could win. Look what happened. Anyone at the club that forgets where they are, either needs to learn quickly or leave. Neither Gerrard or Purslow know where they are. That’s not a geography problem it’s a history problem. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bose said:

This is what Gerrard has driven me to - scrolling through the **** Steve Bruce thread

I think there’s a section in The Mental Health Act 2017 that covers this. You could have a reasonable claim against Purslow if he doesn’t sack Slippy G in a timely manner. 

• Haha 1

Whilst in the big picture, supporters "don't get" football and don't see whay goes on behind the scenes etc, but generally fans arent stupid - they know when a manager has run his course. 

We were pretty much split on Dean Smith's potential (and eventual) sacking, but there are barely any comments on here or elsewhere supporting Gerrard. That tells me enough. It's not just about results, which is why Arsenal are where they are now when they could have looked at results and binned Arteta off - Gerrard has shown nothing to convince that he'll oversee an upturn in the next 6-12 months.

Get him gone.

Â