Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

16th now, and 2 points off the drop. Too close for comfort, especially the way we are playing.

You know we haven't played this weekend, right? I know he's not popular on here but he can't do anything if we haven't played!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It’s pretty funny as people use Arteta as a reason why Gerrard may come good. 

His arsenal have, and always have had, an identity. We absolutely do not. 

Anyone who thinks this still should watch arsenal all or nothing, artetas going to go far 

2 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Bur he can and should take the blame for not taking Watkins off and giving Archer a chance.

If he’d done that and Archer had scored he’d have rightly received credit for it and imagine the confidence it would have given both the team and Cameron Archer. If we still hadn’t scored then at least he’d have tried something. He’s managing with fear and desperate not to lose rather than looking to find ways to win. 

I hope we wallop Forest tomorrow but that needs following up with a win over Brentford. We can’t do what Leicester did this weekend after beating the bottom of the league team last time out. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

If he’d done that and Archer had scored he’d have rightly received credit for it and imagine the confidence it would have given both the team and Cameron Archer. If we still hadn’t scored then at least he’d have tried something. He’s managing with fear and desperate not to lose rather than looking to find ways to win. 

I hope we wallop Forest tomorrow but that needs following up with a win over Brentford. We can’t do what Leicester did this weekend after beating the bottom of the league team last time out. 

Ok it’s Chelsea next week but we need a performance that suggests at least we’re trying to win. Of course beating Forest first might not be that simple. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

8 points this season in 8 games and only scored 6 goals in the 3rd easiest fixture start so there doesn’t need any imagination.

Well we've played the top 2 in our first 8 games, and a win tomorrow will put us in 9th. That doesn't require any imagination either, though possibly does require not cherry picking facts to support a negative narrative. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I just want to enjoy football again. I've long since given up the unrealistic hope I used to have of any real success once we sold Jack and flailed around with his replacements. Now I just want to enjoy watching Villa, that's it. Apparently this is being unfair on the bloke who's behind paid £5m a year to have us playing survival football. I can't wrap my head around the people defending this, are you people football fans or cultists? 

MAGA

Must Adore Gerrard Always

🤭

Edited by nick76

10 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Does anyone think that SG might start being judged after the World Cup?

Is there a chance Kamara and Diego Carlos would be back by then or not?

I hope he’s being judged right now, actually since Bournemouth. Tomorrows a massive game imo, perfect opportunity for Forrest to get going behind cooper and for us a chance to turn them over and score some goals 

36 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

A convincing win tomorrow, we move above Liverpool and so quite obviously all the ducks are lining up. The Scousers know it’s time to bring home their boy, we’re gutted just as Stevie G was  proving his true worth. Never the less we can’t stand in the way of destiny but we’ll need to be adequately compensated for such a top manager. We ask for £25m and get knocked down to £20m but what can you do?

Two days later, welcome to Villa Park Jurgen. 

With our luck we’d probably get Dalglish in exchange.

Â