Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, jacketspuds said:

So Gerrard's media mates are saying that he is learning at Villa and we should expect ups and downs.

That's great, sadly the downs for us under Gerrard will be down to the Championship.

The reason Gerrard isn't learning from his mistakes is because he won't acknowledge that he has actually made any and consistently shifts the blame on to the players or unfortunate slices of luck.

He is just staggeringly incompetent, which never really seems to get noticed or mentioned by pundits.  I'm surprised if it's true that Everton fans sing Lampard's name a lot though.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would you come out and publicly blast your friend over his job if in a similar situation?

I don't get why people find friends protecting their mates odd?

They aren't Villa fans either.

It's not the same - I'm not paid to critic my best mate's very high profile industry where there are only 20 managers, everyone knows who they are and there's a very public metric to show how well it badly they are doing.

I'd be respectful about it, but offering constructive criticism isn't rocket science - it's expected and encouraged at entry level jobs in decent corporations.

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

So Gerrard's media mates are saying that he is learning at Villa and we should expect ups and downs.

That's great, sadly the downs for us under Gerrard will be down to the Championship.

The reason Gerrard isn't learning from his mistakes is because he won't acknowledge that he has actually made any and consistently shifts the blame on to the players or unfortunate slices of luck.

Based on what we've seen over his tenure and games week to week what is he learning? 

And who is he learning it for? At best that sounds like he's been fast tracked to the PL rather than serve his time in the lower leagues and he's not ready, why should we put up with that? 

The learning thing is annoying. He's not learning anything.

Every pundit from a guy with a YouTube channel to BT sports and MOTD are easily pointing out the flaws and errors with his tactics and formations. 

At this point it's looking just pure arrogance and delusion that he thinks this system will eventually come good.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I meant a BIG company but was missing a G. Hopefully, after tomorrow's feared thrashing, we will be missing a G too! 

Haha gave me a chuckle on this otherwise depressing Villa morning.  

I actually thought you meant ‘Business Intelligence Company’ re BI anyway.  Never even thought of just missing the ‘g’.

• Haha 1

It is rumoured that Gerrard got the matches against; Arsenal, ManC, Leicester and Southampton to save his job. What is considered good enough, 1 point, 3 points, 6points? Maybe we win against Leicester, since they are the only club at the same level as us and Everton, would that be enough to continue?

Just now, viivvaa66 said:

It is rumoured that Gerrard got the matches against; Arsenal, ManC, Leicester and Southampton to save his job. What is considered good enough, 1 point, 3 points, 6points? Maybe we win against Leicester, since they are the only club at the same level as us and Everton, would that be enough to continue?

Does 3 losses and a 5-0 win against Soton save his job? 

If we are torn to shreds vs Man City it is high time to drop the axe.

5 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Wouldn’t have even gave him the city game I’d have sack him before the Arsenal game, we ain’t winning any of them games with this clown in charge 

If we get tonked by Man City tomorrow then that should be it.

If it’s a really close game then he needs to get 4 points from Leicester and Southampton to keep things going for a little longer.

Anything other than that and he has to go as that would be a maximum of 6 points from 8 games.

To be honest I think he should go if we lose tomorrow anyway, but just can’t see it.

A failing manager with huge self belief bordering on arrogance is a dangerous man to have in charge when you're 19th in the Premier League.

His ego means that he is unable to accept that he is wrong, and therefore it must be those around him failing to listen to his "messages".

SG's ego might have been a valuable asset when he was a player because it drove him to top level even though he wasn't the best technically, but as a manager a bit of humility in acknowledging that you're getting things wrong is essential. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Arsenal and Man City are free hits. A point each against Leicester and Southampton will probably be enough.

5 points after 8 matches. It worries me that you’re right, that he would be allowed to continue with insanely poor result like that.

With his obsession over this one flawed system, what I want to know is, that only based on it working in the tinpot Scottish League? If so he needs to quickly realise the premier league is clearly tactically more astute and the level of competition is far higher.

Â