Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Clueless about managing a team, yes, they have proved it in the top leagues and failed badly.  As we have discussed before playing and managing are completely different skill sets, just because you are good at one doesn’t mean you are good at the other.  Of course they know about football but they don’t know how to manage/coach a team in the top divisions.  Just different skill sets.  Gerrard looks like he’s in that category.

How did we know Ron Saunders skill set, before we appointed him?....or Brian Little's.....John Gregory was blown away, with his appointment, saying pinch me......He was managing Wycombe, how was he of the quality?

SG was alegedly grilled for 5 hrs in his interview.....what if Nick, he is doing everything right, but its not working for reasons, we don't know.....We simply don't know, all the elements, but just putting 2 +2 together and saying it much be the manager.

If we was winning right now, some of the speculative claims would be ignored.....much is being conjured up to feed the narrative of sacking him.

If what is being said mainly on here( because there was renditions during the game of SG's claret and blue army) is right.....He will be replaced.

The hierarchy will know, if my suspicions are unfounded, and he will get sacked.....if he is kept on, I suspect, there is more to it, than meets the eye.

It will all come out in the wash.

4 minutes ago, Nabby said:

SG looks the same mistake as Garde in as much as  CEO going back to his old club to pick up a former player , all be it SG had a much higher profile as a player than Garde.

Not sure Fox and Garde would have had any connection at Arsenal if that’s what mean? Garde was at Arsenal about 10years before Fox.

I actually think if they’d given the job to Garde that summer instead of sticking with Sherwood it might’ve worked as he would’ve worked well with Riley who was obviously driving the French recruitment. We’d have never signed Lescott or Richards….

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Ok. Who’s on the phone to talkSPORT now saying that Gerrard should be given more time and that we need to remember where we’ve come from?

Why does where we’ve come from have anything to do with where we want to be?

The owners have a vision and aren’t tempering their ambitions because we used to be shitter than we are now.

Some idiot called Darren, everyone else was against him, apart from this random bloke who is probably a Liverpool fan

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

what if Nick, he is doing everything right, but its not working for reasons,

If it's not working, then clearly he isn't doing everything right.

Tragic stuff.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Dale said:

That's no excuse... The balance of the squad might not be right, but a competent coach gets the best out of the squad he has. You can't spend your entire time whingeing that you don't have the perfect squad, especially when you have a very very good one in place. 

He made 37 signings at Rangers in three years, that gives me MON alarm bells, at least MON won games though. 

He's unlikely to get another job in management after this. He's exposed himself here. 

you have gone from one extreme to the other......might not be competent, but not perfect either

Well, we will see if your right.

Thats funny, perhaps he has another 31 to go, to get it right....Title here we come.

39 minutes ago, Raymond said:

Lost the fans. Reading between the lines it seems like he has lost at least a section of the locker room. Arsenal Wednesday. City Saturday. What are we still doing here? This is done. Time to move on. 

Not according to the Holte end on Sunday.

at least get your facts right.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

SG was alegedly grilled for 5 hrs in his interview.....what if Nick, he is doing everything right, but its not working for reasons

Was he? Even if so, whoever interviewed him won't be too clued in tactically.

And I'm not surprised he won them over in the interview, he talks a good game to begin with. After a while, you realise he is just all talk...saying the same things over and over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

How did we know Ron Saunders skill set, before we appointed him?....or Brian Little's.....John Gregory was blown away, with his appointment, saying pinch me......He was managing Wycombe, how was he of the quality?

Mate you are going back 30 and 40+ years for examples. There are plenty of examples, and much more against it. There are always a couple of positive examples but far outweighed by negative examples.  It’s not a winning argument.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

SG was alegedly grilled for 5 hrs in his interview.....what if Nick, he is doing everything right, but its not working for reasons, we don't know.....We simply don't know, all the elements, but just putting 2 +2 together and saying it much be the manager.

Who cares if he was grilled for 5 hours, my job interviews over the last 15 years have been in those regions.  As you progress up the ladder you end up sitting for multiple interviews and some are day long interviews as well as presentations.  The 5 hours doesn’t impress me.

As for the rest of it, if he’s doing everything right and it’s not working then he isn’t doing everything right because it isn’t working.  Being a manager isn’t following an instruction manual, there are so many variables and it’s his job to find the one that works.  He doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing, is stuck in one way of working and is trying to force it to work.  He needs to adapt with the tools he has but he’s not, and the tools he does have he doesn’t know how to use.

We don’t know all the elements but we know a lot of them and it’s more than enough to make reasonable conclusions.

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

If we was winning right now, some of the speculative claims would be ignored.....much is being conjured up to feed the narrative of sacking him.

but he’s not winning, he’s not coming close to winning, that’s a lot of the point.  We don’t look like a team on the pitch, from the performances, the tactics, the cohesion, the results….anything.  Nothing is being conjured up, the main elements are there to see week in, week out in front of our very eyes.  How are you not seeing this?

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

The hierarchy will know, if my suspicions are unfounded, and he will get sacked.....if he is kept on, I suspect, there is more to it, than meets the eye.

Like what?  If the team are playing like crap on the pitch what is the big conspiracy that could show that isn’t true?

The owners asking him to lose?

Purslow wanting us to look poor on the pitch because….?

Players are not playing their best because they don’t like the training gear so they are protesting?

I'm joking here but what is there more that meets the eye that could validate Gerrard presiding over a team that’s playing like they are poorly coached?

I think you’re clutching at straws if you think some big revelation is coming out that Gerrard teams are playing so poorly and losing games because of some unknown secret.

• Like 4

Coming out of preseason most fans were generally positive about SG, the squad  and  upcoming season.  I am thus not going to slate our management for hiring Gerard or sticking with him to start the season.   Now that he has been fully exposed, time to make a change. Just like Spurs did with Nuno last season. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

what if Nick, he is doing everything right, but its not working for reasons, we don't know.....

Surely even you don’t believe this nonsense?

• Like 4

Â