Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Get an interim manager in for the next two matches. Critchley or McAllister. Gerrard has had his chance, at least with a temp in charge we could surprise them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Saw a post match interview on Sky earlier, can't find it, not sure if someone else can. But Gerrard as good as patronised the players by saying "we are here for the players, we will give them everything we can, but they need to start helping themselves".

Says to me, nothing wrong with us mate, but you players need to liven up and understand what we are trying to teach you?

Hard to understand who he’s talking to when he plays the same guys week in week out, then subs our most potent looking player.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 3

I have no faith that Purslow will pull the trigger in a week's time even if we get nothing out of the next two games.

Offered Gerrard the job the day after Deano got the sack and didn't interview any other candidate so is up to his neck in this. It will need the owners to give the thumbs down to get this resolved.

I never wanted to admit this but looks like I was right...

On 31/12/2019 at 18:09, useless said:

If Rangers weren't managed by Steven Gerrard, but some random Scottish football manager instead, but who was doing exactly the same job that Gerrard is doing, no one would be mentioning him as a possibility for our next manager, the complaints would be that it's easy to do well with Rangers because of the advantage they have over other clubs. In other words he's only being suggested because of his name, you only have to look at some of Rangers' siging in the last two or three seasons to see that it doesn't take a great manager to do well with them.

3 minutes ago, bose said:

Get an interim manager in for the next two matches. Critchley or McAllister. Gerrard has had his chance, at least with a temp in charge we could surprise them

What feck does McAllister offer anyway.  See him sitting in dugout every game offering nothing.  

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

time to go steven. it's not improving and i just don't see that it will

96% on the latest poll...has VT ever been so united??

Gravy should not be put on fish. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

What feck does McAllister offer anyway.  See him sitting in dugout every game offering nothing.  

He’ll do better than Gerrard then 

Edited by bose

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Saw a post match interview on Sky earlier, can't find it, not sure if someone else can. But Gerrard as good as patronised the players by saying "we are here for the players, we will give them everything we can, but they need to start helping themselves".

Says to me, nothing wrong with us mate, but you players need to liven up and understand what we are trying to teach you?

Yes, it’s what he does best: throwing the players under the bus, deflecting blame, not acknowledging or accepting his own flaws or mistakes.

His ego, before anything else.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Congratulations Nostradamus, one of 23,000 people that also said this.

Almost holds as high an opinion of himself as Stevie 🤣

Usually posts something like “great point by me” and the like…

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Get rid of the lot of them. Keep Cutler and give Critchley the caretaker role.

Gerrard and his band of idiots can leave, and please take those useless gits - Danks and McPhee - with you!

We have no effective method of coaching at all, wasting money on all these wasters.

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

I think the what has become the most concerning thing for me is he talks about creativity lacking in the interview yet chose to ignore it when picking his starting 11. He should've been thinking that instead of playing both Ings and Watkins maybe get another midfielder on to help create or support the CF and increase the creativity. He's starting to talk bollox which is always the first sign things are falling apart imo

Crazy thing was how he spoke about bringing our creative players on (actually said this and name checked Ramsey, Bailey and Emi) and he doesn't even have a clue how taking Luiz off hinders our creativity from deep. It's insane.

Â