Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I would hazard a guess, That SG would have a completely different opinion in a private conversation, than the one he puts out at press conferences.

Understandable sure, but nevertheless, possible.

He has to talk it up.....but my guess, he would be candid, in a private conversation.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

But do you seriously trust Stevie G to do the surgery ?

Countinho - on a massive salary has been spasmodic - Digne little if any better than target.  

I don't agree totally about the players - but even so when the performance of pretty much of the whole squad nosedives - you've got issues.

I thought trusting a rookie with a premier League rebuild was  consigned to the Tom Fox era. It will be staggering if a much more competent owners / plough on with project Gerrard.

I am absolutely sure it is......but in the context, I have been labouring.....its the balance Hippo, not individual quality.

I worry, about the surgery, if I am honest.....but lets be clear here, its not one man, Johan Lange is involved too.

I have been sceptical for some time, with our recruitment and I have not seen much to change my mind.....Players like Ings, Bailey, Buendia, and Coutinho are on paper super signing......but are they likely to give us midfield control.

Good creative players on paper, but it doesn't address the balance.

I look at Southampton vs Nowrich with Ward Prowse and Romeu pulling the strings, conducting and controlling....we havenothing like that.

I don't know how much say managers have in the recruitment process or how much influence they have......But, If I am honest, I have cringed, at every window, for some time.

Marvellous Nakamba has divided the fan base for some time, now he is absent he is the messiah, because he is the only one in the squad that can do what he does......that is scandalous.

I believe, he is being missed........but 1 in a squad of 25......piss poor.

Think he's lost the plot a bit now...gone back to starting Ings and Watkins again. No idea if it's a 4-2-2-2, perhaps 4-3-1-2 is more logical but the starting 11s are getting very illogical now.

Hope this post ages badly in three hours, I doubt it though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am absolutely sure it is......but in the context, I have been labouring.....its the balance Hippo, not individual quality.

I worry, about the surgery, if I am honest.....but lets be clear here, its not one man, Johan Lange is involved too.

I have been sceptical for some time, with our recruitment and I have not seen much to change my mind.....Players like Ings, Bailey, Buendia, and Coutinho are on paper super signing......but are they likely to give us midfield control.

Good creative players on paper, but it doesn't address the balance.

I look at Southampton vs Nowrich with Ward Prowse and Romeu pulling the strings, conducting and controlling....we havenothing like that.

I don't know how much say managers have in the recruitment process or how much influence they have......But, If I am honest, I have cringed, at every window, for some time.

Marvellous Nakamba has divided the fan base for some time, now he is absent he is the messiah, because he is the only one in the squad that can do what he does......that is scandalous.

I believe, he is being missed........but 1 in a squad of 25......piss poor.

I don't understand - do you want Stevie G to stay and perform a major overhaul of the squad or not ?

18 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Hope Gerrard is not as rigid as Bielsa if his system keeps failing

That hasn't aged well. Ings/Watkins starting today.

Although I

still think we might beat Brighton today.

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We have a Champions League winner, Copa America winner, Olympic gold medallist. League winning medals from Italy, Spain, Germany, England and France. 

A team costing about 300 million and nearly all internationals

This squad is lightyears ahead of the team from 2019, we are bringing Watkins and Bailey off the bench not Borja Baston and Trezeguet

I'll give you the squad is better but then compared to the 2019 it's not hard....but then 300 million should return something better 

As for all those winners....why can't we pass more than 10 yards...defend the box with more defenders than attackers...amass more than 30% possession in game....test the keeper more than once in a game???

Smith amd Garrard have made a mistakes but when players can't the basics it's not their fault...some players are held a lot better than they really are just because they play for us....just saying 

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't understand - do you want Stevie G to stay and perform a major overhaul of the squad or not ?

I am not ready to abandon a new manager after 15 games.

I have no option, but to trust him to buy right.

My worry is, it has to be players to blend.....noy JUST individual talent.

35 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Hope Gerrard is not as rigid as Bielsa if his system keeps failing

Well, both managers have different systems and both don't involve keeping the ball out of their respective nets.

Â