Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Sacking our Mr Nice Guy Championship manager mid season for a “born winner” has really transformed our fortunes.

The only glimmer of light today has been the radiation from Jason Tindall’s fake tan.

Anyway, on a serious note, we do really need to stick with Gerrard and give him a fair crack at this. What we’re seeing now with Gerrard is what we already saw with Smith - that the squad has some imbalances that don’t make it straightforward to get a consistent tune out of the side. Can’t just keep pinning everything on the coach.

• Like 2

Got it so wrong today. After the game against Leeds we needed fresh legs. 

As I said in the match thread, really starting to dislike this system that Gerrard plays, we have a huge midfield problem with it and there's gaps everywhere. Needs to be more flexible imo. 

Not looking good right now. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Got it so wrong today. After the game against Leeds we needed fresh legs. 

As I said in the match thread, really starting to dislike this system that Gerrard plays, we have a huge midfield problem with it and there's gaps everywhere. Needs to be more flexible imo. 

Not looking good right now. 

I don't like it. No pace and we can't get the ball to the number 10s. Our forwards can't hold the ball up and fullbacks aren't playing well enough. 

• Like 1

I think last week I said you can see we are improving but I think I’m just blinded by the signings we’ve made. I think he’s been little more than an influence on signing Coutinho and little else. We look so much worse. We don’t even look like a team unit. Has he literally already lost the dressing room. 

• Like 1

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

Do you think he can?

Well, he knows the Premier League well enough, so you’d hope so. But I do have some fears. He’s cut his managerial teeth in a league where, as I said, at a club like Rangers you’ve won half the games before you turn up. We’ve started several games really poorly and not been able to recover. I really want to see him stamp his mark on the team and I haven’t seen any signs of that so far.

Â