Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

12 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I'd do well to find specific examples given this thread has 153 pages, but there's one or two of them in there as I'm sure folk will remember that were literally worded more or less as that.

I was/am skeptical of the appointment myself but there was some next level stuff going on.

Yes, back about 100 pages or so there were some people that were so anti Gerrard they said they wanted us to lose. I am assuming the vast majority of people on here are genuine Villa supporters and want us to win, regardless who the manager is but there are always some disingenuous 'fans' 

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

The Liverpool fans would have liked the idea of SG doing his audition with us. But the more the see him wearing a Villa tie and now his son wearing a full Villa kit, the more it will wind them up. 

Good

• Haha 1

I was fairly underwhelmed by his appointment but I have been very impressed with the start. There was a clear game plan yesterday and once he has had more time on the training pitch I think we will push on. We have some good players in our squad. 

12 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I was fairly underwhelmed by his appointment but I have been very impressed with the start. There was a clear game plan yesterday and once he has had more time on the training pitch I think we will push on. We have some good players in our squad. 

This really showed. For the most part, we kept our shape and were organised. The players looked like they knew what they were meant to do. The most obvious example of this I think was Cash. So many times he moved forward and got to the half way line and stopped and passed the ball. He was clearly not told to venture forward while other players on the pitch occupied certain areas of the pitch, whether that be us leaving ourselves exposed or Brighton in a more threatening position. On occasion, when the circumstances allowed he was able to push a little more forward

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

The Liverpool fans would have liked the idea of SG doing his audition with us. But the more the see him wearing a Villa tie and now his son wearing a full Villa kit, the more it will wind them up. 

Don’t kid yourself - if Liverpool decide they want Gerrard he’ll be gone in a heartbeat, no matter how much of a Villa hero he’s become along the way.

(Thats not criticism of him.)

• Like 1

Â