The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Been said already, but if this fails, the walls close in on Purslow in a big way. If he picked, say, Favre, a failure there might have fewer repercussions for him (Purslow).

I would prefer to have a CEO that is prepared to put his own reputation and position at risk for the good of the club rather than taking the safe option which would possibly cause him less grief 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I love Tim Sherwood's story because he pretty much talked his way into becoming the manager of 2 huge clubs in Tottenham and Aston Villa. It's not like he was Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard who got big jobs off the strength of their reputations as players. Like a used car salesman he had to talk someone's ear off to get those jobs. The amount of confidence and bluster that takes is off the charts. He's my favourite character in football to be honest, his punditry is hilariously poignant too.

And he loved a facial

• Haha 1

The thing is, none of us knows whether Gerrard will be a success or not. It’s almost impossible to tell and it’s the same whoever you appoint. Sometimes it just works and sometimes it doesn’t. The only way to guarantee success is to pick off the super elite coaches and give them a fortune to spend, and even that doesn’t guarantee it will work. You can put the odds in your favour by looking for proven track records, experience, philosophy etc… but it’s still a gamble. 

Gerrard might flop, or he might transform us, who knows? But if you allow yourself to be optimistic, the possibilities are quite exciting…. Until we lose against Brighton on Saturday 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

The thing is, none of us knows whether Gerrard will be a success or not. It’s almost impossible to tell and it’s the same whoever you appoint. Sometimes it just works and sometimes it doesn’t. The only way to guarantee success is to pick off the super elite coaches and give them a fortune to spend, and even that doesn’t guarantee it will work. You can put the odds in your favour by looking for proven track records, experience, philosophy etc… but it’s still a gamble. 

Daniel Levy would give you a 'Like' for that comment if he was on here

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s a **** word removed and the worst manager we’ve ever had

I hope I never see him involved in football again

Got Sha written all over it 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would have thought Rangers would have negotiated more than 3m. This really messes up their season at a critical time for them

£3m is enough to buy four new players and probably pay their electric bill for a year up in Scotland.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Feel for @ada86 as he has had to put up with a lot of piss taking … Don’t know them, how legit or if English is even their first language, but also think that if they were posting for attention they’d maybe been a bit more outlandish…  This is why I keep the majority of info I hear to myself as it’s not worth the agro. 

You're good mate, but you are no ADA86. I mean how many unidentified youth team players have you discovered?

• Haha 1

Just now, TheStagMan said:

You're good mate, but you are no ADA86. I mean how many unidentified youth team players have you discovered?

Ahhhh see that’s where Ada has fooled us. I’ve cracked it - it’s Sanson surely he will play first team football for us one day.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ada86 said:

Thanks thabucks I appreciate it. And I can confirm I am not posting for any attention.what I have done is  say what I got told.everything I said is the honest truth. I can see why sometimes it’s better to just say nothing and maybe I will from now on .I was just trying to tell everyone what I heard and where from. Thanks again for the support 

I knew you’d come back 😁- is it Kessler ? 

Whatever you think about Gerrard, Purslow or Lange, you can’t knock how this appointment has been managed if it happens.

Look at how Norwich are going, trying to find a replacement for a manager that they sacked after a win, when they didn’t even have a replacement lined up.

We identified a target and it looks like we’ve moved quickly to bring him, and his backroom team, to the club.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I love Tim Sherwood's story because he pretty much talked his way into becoming the manager of 2 huge clubs in Tottenham and Aston Villa. It's not like he was Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard who got big jobs off the strength of their reputations as players. Like a used car salesman he had to talk someone's ear off to get those jobs. The amount of confidence and bluster that takes is off the charts. He's my favourite character in football to be honest, his punditry is hilariously poignant too.

PL winning captain. More than can be said for Gerrard..

• Like 1