The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Haven't been able to read or post all day, so apologies if this has already been highlighted. Farmers league or not, the trend of improvement year on year, is at least is encouraging?

FB_IMG_1636571516053.jpg

They look to have regressed this season though, dropping points regularly and needing to be bailed out by ridiculous referee decisions against Hibs ans Aberdeen.

We know Villa are never going to be getting those sort of decisions go our way.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So I’m on this journey as I said early but a few comical things enter my mind.  I’ll be very intrigued to see the pre match thread comments if he started 3 at the back and Ings and Watkins as the front two against Brighton.  I know he prefers 433 but let me put out there the hypothetical.

To be fair, if it actually worked, I wouldn't have a problem.

I also said many times, that 3 - 5 - 2 is a formation I actually like.

The problem arises when it's clearly not working ( whether that be due to opposition, the personnel, or the personnel being used incorrectly in it ) yet it, or the personnel is still persisted with.

Sometimes, different systems, suit different games, and to be fair to Deano, it served us to great effect at times.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

List it

Built a promotion side at Swansea. Played great football spoke well shower himself to be a forward thinking modern day coach and manager.

Sowed the seeds for the league Cup win and very stable successful period

Liverpool did a good job best season in PL before Klopp. Got **** by Balo Lambert and lack of investment.

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I would have laughed and told you "No way they would sack Smith that quickly...  Plus, Gerrard????  Come on...  Our clubs has more ambition than that..."  I was sure wrong.

18 defeats in 10 months, it was hardly a knee jerk reaction was it? The final 5 games weren’t the reason just the straw that broke the camels back. Sacking a manager that is no longer taking us forward, when we’re slipping into a relegation fight doesn’t show a lack of ambition. It shows that at least we’re not sleepwalking to disaster.

Dean was great and has done loads for the club, but let’s not be blinded by love.  Gerrard has the potential to be just what we need. There certainly won’t be any complacency. His track record over 3 years is impressive, irrespective of the league it was achieved in. Managers with a record like that in a higher league are completely out of our current reach. You have to pick them up before they make the leap up and before another team has the bottle to do it. It might not work but you need to get real. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

This managerial saga has been good for me as Im due a knee replacement next week and this has helped take my mind of it all - will be sad to see the thread close .

It's felt like knee surgery to me!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Feel for @ada86 as he has had to put up with a lot of piss taking … Don’t know them, how legit or if English is even their first language, but also think that if they were posting for attention they’d maybe been a bit more outlandish…  This is why I keep the majority of info I hear to myself as it’s not worth the agro. 

Thanks thabucks I appreciate it. And I can confirm I am not posting for any attention.what I have done is  say what I got told.everything I said is the honest truth. I can see why sometimes it’s better to just say nothing and maybe I will from now on .I was just trying to tell everyone what I heard and where from. Thanks again for the support 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah sorry, I'm not predicting a disaster. I was more thinking of Sherwood in terms of a manager with little experience. 

He isn’t quite that inexperienced thankfully. He’s only done one senior club but he also did the Liverpool youth setup for a season or so I think.

To be honest I’m starting to come round to the idea, a young manager on an upward trajectory, it fits where we are right now and hopefully we can all achieve together 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ada86 said:

Thanks thabucks I appreciate it. And I can confirm I am not posting for any attention.what I have done is  say what I got told.everything I said is the honest truth. I can see why sometimes it’s better to just say nothing and maybe I will from now on .I was just trying to tell everyone what I heard and where from. Thanks again for the support 

I missed it, what were you told?

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

18 defeats in 10 months, it was hardly a knee jerk reaction was it? The final 5 games weren’t the reason just the straw that broke the camels back. Sacking a manager that is no longer taking us forward, when we’re slipping into a relegation fight doesn’t show a lack of ambition. It shows that at least we’re not sleepwalking to disaster.

That's fair. But how could the solution to this be Steven Gerrard if that's the case? That's the part that doesn't compute.

10 minutes ago, Eastie said:

This managerial saga has been good for me as Im due a knee replacement next week and this has helped take my mind of it all - will be sad to see the thread close .

Good luck with it Eastie. My mother in law had one and it was like a dream, straight in, straight out walking in days. So fingers crossed it’s like that for you mate.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I love Tim Sherwood's story because he pretty much talked his way into becoming the manager of 2 huge clubs in Tottenham and Aston Villa. It's not like he was Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard who got big jobs off the strength of their reputations as players. Like a used car salesman he had to talk someone's ear off to get those jobs. The amount of confidence and bluster that takes is off the charts. He's my favourite character in football to be honest, his punditry is hilariously poignant too.

I think I'd laugh more about Sherwood if he'd never joined Villa!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I love Tim Sherwood's story because he pretty much talked his way into becoming the manager of 2 huge clubs in Tottenham and Aston Villa. It's not like he was Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard who got big jobs off the strength of their reputations as players. Like a used car salesman he had to talk someone's ear off to get those jobs. The amount of confidence and bluster that takes is off the charts. He's my favourite character in football to be honest, his punditry is hilariously poignant too.

He was a genius, in some ways.

• Haha 1