The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, ada86 said:

I said he was at vp and someone I know will make the first team eventually n this person has agent  I’m not going round saying I know everything just what I’ve heard 

Long as you are sure he will make the first team mate 👍

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

Nick, Let me say this, I am not trying to influence you.....you are far too intelligent for that....and I am not going to repeat myself of how sure I am this will be, if it happens.

These people are professionals and they have to endear themselves to the clubs they work for....They can't come out and say that Aston Villa are a great club, when they are working elsewhere.

When/if We appoint SG, he then has licence to say, what he feels about us, and why he has chosen to challenge the elite with us, and by doing so risking the wrath of his beloved Liverpool.

Don't rule out a love affair too, developing with us.....many of us on here have loved more than once.....Brentford Fans accepted Dean for the man he was, despite his heart being at B6.....Mark Albrighton has given undying service to Leicester, despite being a claret & Blue and yes Brian Little was going to Blues despite his allegiance to us.

We need to grow up and smell the coffee.....We have unbelieveble owners who have been there for us financially at ever juncture, That investment could have serious consequences if we went back down, they have had to face, in my opinion a very unsavoury sacking in Dean, there are no winners in this, its always painful, when good people like Dean lose their jobs.....but now, they have to save the club from the drop and put it back on course....no guarantee's there either....but with their business acumen and nous, I trust them to get this crucial appointment right....I equally think Rangers fans will be gutted and I spare a thought for them too....but right now my only thoughts are with my club.

Dean has lost a good job and we have lost a thoroughly decent guy....my thoughts on that are, I feel absolutely sure, Dean will get another very good job......could I see him coming back, never say never.

Right now, I feel SG is right for us, but only time will confirm that.

Very good post thanks, I’m processing and accepting all of it.  The last line is going to take a while longer to agree with if I get there but I’m trying.

• Like 2

Just now, ada86 said:

This person will definitely make the  first team might even make the bench soon enough with gerrard joining 

The suspense is killing me.......can't wait for you to put me out of my misery, ada..........P.S that was my Auntie's name😂

1 minute ago, Dave_jW said:

The suspense is killing me.......can't wait for you to put me out of my misery, ada..........P.S that was my Auntie's name😂

....and mine. Are we related?  Did she push old sweet wrappers inside a hollow glass dog and shine a torch under it? If she did, it must be her?

Gerrard it is then. Is it who I wanted? No but I wasn't really desperate for any of the names linked in particular. 

If he does a good job he'll be off to Liverpool quite likely but that means he's going to have to get us into Europe, if he manages that then fair enough. 

At least he plays good football as well and has a clear idea of what he likes. Time to back him and get back up this league table. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

So… anyone heard anything about Gerrard’s whereabouts today?

He’s done very well indeed. Glasgow, The Belfry, BMH, Villa Park, Julie B’s basement and finally London for a bite to eat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

So… anyone heard anything about Gerrard’s whereabouts today?

I heard he was at Villa Park pinging balls into the top corner in front of the Holte End whilst screaming 'GERRARRRRDDDD' at the top of his lungs.

I shouldn't reveal my source but my friends wife knows a first team player that isn't currently playing for the first team but will play for them one day.

• Like 2

Just now, thunderball said:

....and mine. Are we related?  Did she push old sweet wrappers inside a hollow glass dog and shine a torch under it? If she did, it must be her?

Lol, nope ........but Ernie Callaghan was one of her tenants.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Absolutely hilarious that a fellow fan of Aston Villa is criticizing the trophy haul of one of Englands best mids of the last 3 decades...

nowt queerer than folk.