The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Yes I know there are a lot of fake idk out there but I am not I can’t say who obviously that’s why it’s cryptic we all want villa to do well any any information I can pass on I will I don’t post on any other forums just this one.But people can believe me or not guess that will take time but it’s hard to say things without causing issues for someone in case it got relayed back .

Like people on here have said, every new managerial appointment is a gamble, so all we can hope for is that this one pays off. We all have opinions and all, but maybe let's try and stay humble even though we know for sure what will happen and just wait and see what actually transpires?

I loved Dean as a manager and was sad to see him sacked. Part of me thinks that it probably was the correct decision after all. Time will tell if Gerrard will do it for us.

I sure as **** hope he does and lowkey think that he might. Maybe I'm just optimistic but I'm not going to act like it's already a failure before the ink has dried and I don't think anyone else should either if I'm being honest. Unless ofc you're the bloody oracle from the Matrix..

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

But how do Benfica play? Because if they are a counter attacking team, the Rangers will obviously dominate, as counter attacking teams generally only press when the ball is in their own half, and invited opponents onto them then try to exploit the space that opens up in the transition. What other example do you have of this. Also they haven't done very well in Europe have they!

Apologies, it was Slavia Prague that put them out last season in round of 16. Bayer Leverkusen the year before in round of 16 also. I think to say that SG hasn’t done well in Europe is unfair. In the two seasons I have mentioned, they played 12 Europa League games, after having to play 2 or 3 rounds to get there in first place, including beating Galatasaray, where they proceeded to only lose 1 game out of 12. They were up against Porto, Feyenoord, Benfica, Legia Warsaw amongst others. I think one loss out of 12, coming from a diddy league where you aren’t tested every week, is a good record in Europe. Maybe your expectations are higher than mine. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Who knows when the London pictures were taken.  Could have been at 9.00 Am this morning, to get onto the websites it's probably bare minimum an hour, I would guess longer after editors have reviewed and agreed the wordings, then the technical bits involving uploading, layout etc.

Its easily plausible to have your photo taken in London then be at Villa Park within a couple of hours.

He could have had a meeting with Sawiris this morning to iron out details/meet face to face then jump on the express train to Brum to Villa Park for the tour, photo's etc

Not sure why people immediately jumped onto this.

I’d be very surprised if Gerrard was at villa park where he could be seen by many people before rangers even confirm he’s gone - I think any meetings would be much less in the open 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Who knows when the London pictures were taken.  Could have been at 9.00 Am this morning, to get onto the websites it's probably bare minimum an hour, I would guess longer after editors have reviewed and agreed the wordings, then the technical bits involving uploading, layout etc.

Its easily plausible to have your photo taken in London then be at Villa Park within a couple of hours.

He could have had a meeting with Sawiris this morning to iron out details/meet face to face then jump on the express train to Brum to Villa Park for the tour, photo's etc

Not sure why people immediately jumped onto this.

Fair enough. Sorry @ada86

Won't lie, couldn't stand Gerrard as a player, I really don't want him as our manager either but if it is him he will get the same support from me as anyone else, I want us to be successful, I hope he proves me wrong

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ada86 said:

See people taking the mick out of me and my post when someone is telling the truth I’ve come on this site to post something I got told and I even said someone will make the first team one day no that is not me . I posted in good faith as like I said I’ve been on this site for years just not posted. You don’t know who I really am but one thing I ain’t doing is lying. Someone will make the first team and when they do you will hear from me again.The couple of comments I have had are wrong and I bet jack grealish brother never had sarcastic comments.

I'd not take things so personally. This is just how forums with "ITK" I literally told the forum we were being sold (from Xia) the week it happened and even shared it privately with a mod, yet took loads of abuse, people are naturally cynical and I get it. Relax and lets see what happens, I have been told similar but don't know how true. 

2 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Apologies, it was Slavia Prague that put them out last season in round of 16. Bayer Leverkusen the year before in round of 16 also. I think to say that SG hasn’t done well in Europe is unfair. In the two seasons I have mentioned, they played 12 Europa League games, after having to play 2 or 3 rounds to get there in first place, including beating Galatasaray, where they proceeded to only lose 1 game out of 12. They were up against Porto, Feyenoord, Benfica, Legia Warsaw amongst others. I think one loss out of 12, coming from a diddy league where you aren’t tested every week, is a good record in Europe. Maybe your expectations are higher than mine. 

They are in financial trouble now because they got knocked out of CL by Malmö which they have about 3 times the market value of. It's maybe an OK record but not good.

• Like 1

The stag man guess will will just have to see but that was jack grealish brother you have no idea how tight villa are runs these days I could of said nothing and maybe I will or share with a select few .but thankyou to the others for the nice comments 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ada86 said:

The stag man guess will will just have to see but that was jack grealish brother you have no idea how tight villa are runs these days I could of said nothing and maybe I will or share with a select few .but thankyou to the others for the nice comments 

Well, I'm not actually sure you have said anything. Just teasing with someone knowing something, other than possibly somehow an academy player had been bought up to speed that Gerrard is at BMH, which no one else in the world has picked up on, possibly meaning that our owners are so lax that they snuck him in without the waiting press seeing, only to run into a bunch of academy players roaming the corridors.

OK mate. 

• Haha 1