The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I wonder if Jack wins a few trophies with city and goes onto have a great career. Then steps into management in 17 years time will he struggle to get jobs because of his drunken mistakes both crashing his car and breaking government guidelines. 

It never prevented Keane getting a job after he ended a career on purpose. He even got a job at the Villa 🤣 

• Like 1

We're all rabbiting on about our next manager choice without a clue who it's going to be, because that's the tight lipped way NSWE operate.

You can bet that Purslow has been issued with instructions and he's quietly going about resolving our current manageress state.

It's good fun speculating and giving our own often very different opinions, but let's not get angry about it and especially let's not get angry with each other.

I believe our owners are at least as ambitious as we all are, and it shouldn't be too long before we know who they think is the best candidate to put right match day inadequacies as well as any coaching shortfalls at BMH.

We may not agree with their decision, but as it's their money that's bankrolling AVFC you can bet that they are taking this appointment very seriously.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Did he really? I didn’t realise that. 

At least the Villa job is more appealing than the a Newcastle job with the richest owners in the world.  Or maybe Newcastle were never interested in him. 

Question to the Brits on here:  Is there any UK public backlash toward the Saudis and their business dealings in general in the UK?  I ask, because I'm noticing more and more people in the USA refusing to deal with or work with the Saudis for political reasons.  One example is my company has a competitor which is 70% owned by the Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund and many of my coworkers have straight up refused very lucrative job offers from them because of political reasons.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Can i ask, and don’t let the defence mechanisms kick in straight away here, why not dyche ? The boring football is such a lazy argument. It’s horses for courses. Don’t tell me he can’t work with good footballers. Cornet is flying it for him. Can guarantee you he’d sort our defence out and pronto. Dyche over Gerrard any day.

I think its a good shout, but wouldn't come....I think Sean is in a comfort zone and wants to stay there...nothing wrong with that, but no good for us.

Stevie G is a gamble, like any manager is....but he has the energy, drive and steely determination, to go after the big boys....he wants to mix it at the elite level, you can see it in him....I want a manager, we have trouble hanging on to, but we cross that bridge, when it comes.

I say let him have a go, "shoot for the moon and we may touch the stars"

I was initially against Steven Gerrard becoming Aston Villa manager, and I’m still not fond of the idea. However if it does turn out to be him, I’ve got to keep an open mind and judge him as a manager of Aston Villa. He’d have some minds to change, a lot of football fans have the perception that he’s a word removed, but if starts winning games and gets our team performing, then alot of those complaints will dissipate. 

I would be concerned that he’d jump ship as soon as the Liverpool job becomes available. But that might not be for two or three years yet, and even then they might not want him in charge. Three years is a long time in football management. Just look what Smith did in three years.

8 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I wonder if Jack wins a few trophies with city and goes onto have a great career. Then steps into management in 17 years time will he struggle to get jobs because of his drunken mistakes both crashing his car and breaking government guidelines. 

Nah it won't be because of that, it will be because he's a bit slow. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Has Simon Jordan ever talked sense?

Lol. He does talk sense sometimes, and is always very complimentary to us.

I don't necessarily agree, but I certainly think he has a point.

However, it's just one way of looking at it ain't it?

I did say earlier in the thread that I've been warming to the idea of Gerrard .

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Question to the Brits on here:  Is there any UK public backlash toward the Saudis and their business dealings in general in the UK?  I ask, because I'm noticing more and more people in the USA refusing to deal with or work with the Saudis for political reasons.  One example is my company has a competitor which is 70% owned by the Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund and many of my coworkers have straight up refused very lucrative job offers from them because of political reasons.  

In reality, the American Govt is intrinsically linked to Saudi, its a relationship that however much some politicians, or individual Americans stand against them, the American Govt itself will never allow its relationship with Saudi to be impacted.

If the Saudi/America relationship fell apart, it would have a huge, huge impact on America's stability, and the people in power know this.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Good question. I know there was a outrage at them being able to takeover Newcastle but beyond that I have no idea. Money talks I guess. 

Maybe Gerrard turned them down for ethical reasons and he’s not the scumbag people seem to be making him out to be.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol. He does talk sense sometimes, and is always very complimentary to us.

I don't necessarily agree, but I certainly think he has a point.

However, it's just one way of looking at it ain't it?

I did say earlier in the thread that I've been warming to the idea of Gerrard .

He is a risk, I, like you, am warning to him. You kind of have to if he is going to become our manager. If he does I will be giving him my 100% support and hoping he succeeds

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I have it on good authority Dean Smith is a Tory and a regular down the local Conservative club. Doesn’t seem to bother people either. 

...hold on, was he that Thatcher Lover twitter account?!

• Shocked 1