Christmas 2021

sidcow

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well we've done. 

The Covid riddled lad sat at the head of the table via facetime on daughters new mac book. 

Mrs Sidcow had excelled with the crackers, proper deluxe ones. 

Only hiccup all day has been the Mac book. 

Mrs Sidcow bought it with bonus money and also ordered a Microsoft Office pack.  Daughter (doing A level photography) needed a Mac book which I know zero about.  She loaded it up but couldn't get the Microsoft on it. 

Mrs Sidcow has HUGE issues with technology. Literally ANYTHING she tries to do will go wrong and have her in tears. 

So I was spending ages faffing decided it was because she already had a Microsoft account on her HP laptop linked to her email. Set up a Yahoo mail account to try make it work, it wouldn't.  Mrs Sidcow is getting in a state about it all. 

Finally I just noticed that she had left a tiny bit of silver over the access code she was trying to input and hey presto the letter Z suddenly turned into a 2.  Then the code worked thank ****.   Christmas was in the balance for half an hour!

Anyway now finished and tidied so just waiting for dinner to digest so we can start thinking about when we can try eating puddings. 

Why would you need Microsoft on a Macbook, just use Pages etc and save as a Word file instead of native

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Do people have mash on a Christmas dinner?

Sometimes. Mom did swede mash last year. Not this year though. Think Dad had a word. 

I liked it though! 

Back home from the Indian, really enjoyable naga pepper chicken curry. Red hot and tasty. The restaurant was quite busy which was nice to see, they only had one covid cancellation. 

Sat relaxing now, might watch a film, might play a board game with the kids, might have a nap. 

Tomorrow is the big family proper Christmas dinner, it’ll be busy and good fun. But for tonight I’m going to enjoy some quiet time with the family. Feels good man. 

• Like 1