Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

Just now, maqroll said:

Overtaken by Newcastle. Leeds breathing down our neck.

Anyone else feeling queasy?

Not this season. 37 points generally keeps you up. We have the bottom club coming to VP - and I wouldn't rule out us getting something at Leicester.

Next season worries me tbh.

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

You’re right. Love our midfield three of Ramsey coutinho and Buendia 

Apologies if I read incorrectly.

I believe the post I was responding to said our midfield hadn't changed since promotion.

Which it has. It's changed since last season.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Apologies if I read incorrectly.

I believe the post I was responding to said our midfield hadn't changed since promotion.

Which it has. It's changed since last season.

I was getting at the fact it’s been Luiz and Mcginn for three seasons now

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

More than likely....Newcastle got home games v tired Leicester and Palace straight after cup SF in next 4 days so would expect them to win one of them. Imagine thinking Newcastle would be above us at any point in the season in mid December.

We really need something at Leicester just to get the morale going again otherwise it's going to be a very bleak end to the season.

Yeah it's worrying. I can't see us changing position too much, Newcastle are in top four form, Palace are going well and others above us are picking up points.

I think the players thought they were safe, Europe was off the cards so they are coasting along.

It's going to be another pre-season of upheaval and transition.

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

We’re 4 points off 9th

D02B3210-70F3-41B7-8EA0-EABBC4BFB5B1.jpeg

Is there any significance of 9th ?

Is that where you think we will finish ?

How many games do you estimate it will take us to get those 4pts

Do you think the other teams between us and 9th will get any more points ?

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Is there any significance of 9th ?

Is that where you think we will finish ?

How many games do you estimate it will take us to get those 4pts

Do you think the other teams between us and 9th will get any more points ?

It’s the highest place within reach. If it’s ok to panic about the fact we’re 15th why can’t I point out how close we are to 6 places higher. I don’t know where we’ll finish tbh, I’m going to judge at the end of the season. We have winnable fixtures coming up

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

It’s the highest place within reach. If it’s ok to panic about the fact we’re 15th why can’t I point out how close we are to 6 places higher. I don’t know where we’ll finish tbh, I’m going to judge at the end of the season. We have winnable fixtures coming up

You can point it out (indeed you have)

You are also correct to say we have winnable fixtures coming up .......

We are looking to be a progressive club, I was expecting 8th to 10th.

While it is still possible, the lack of action in changing to either a formation that suits the players we have, or taking out the under performing ones is the most concern.

Being poor but picking up points I'm sure 90% of us can live with. Having players being consistently poor for large spells and not getting points doesn't bode well.

• Like 1

Just now, Tayls said:

Staggering that people refuse to accept that we are in deep trouble this season.

It's not at all because if we dont get another point this season we probably still have enough points to stay up. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Not this season. 37 points generally keeps you up. We have the bottom club coming to VP - and I wouldn't rule out us getting something at Leicester.

Next season worries me tbh.

You say that.....but if we don't get the recruitment right, it does me too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Staggering that people refuse to accept that we are in deep trouble this season.

I think it's more staggering that people think we will go down, or that we are even in danger. 

We're safe now pretty much and plenty of winnable games coming up. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

You say that.....but if we don't get the recruitment right, it does me too.

And with this being such a crucial summer for us, I feel very unsure about giving the funds for a rebuild to a manager who's pretty much a rookie with only a middling job in the SPL on his CV. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, wict01 said:

And with this being such a crucial summer for us, I feel very unsure about giving the funds for a rebuild to a manager who's pretty much a rookie with only a middling job in the SPL on his CV. 

Fair comment, but.......

On the evidence, I have seen over the last 10 years.....I don't know who, I would feel safe giving it to.

We have just spent c £100 million on 3 players, who so far, have offered us very little or way below, expectation......why should we feel any less safe with a Rookie manager?

Martin O'Neill a well experienced manager, wasted Oodles of money on players, with minimal effect on the team....just a handful from c 30 odd players was any good.

So forgive me for being sceptical of recruitment....I think the only hope we have, is the managers persona as an attraction.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2