Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Ok Steero and Jim both optimistic 😊  I wish I was !

Cannot get past the issue is that we are getting to be a lot closer to the trapdoor than we should be and on our current form we are in relegation form.

VTID

Derek

We wont go down we have enough points already but the fact it is still a slight discussion about it is worrying for next season 

• Like 2

We’re safe this season as thankfully there are a few crapper teams than us but man, I’m worried about next season. All depends on who we sign in the summer. We have a crap window and I can see us being in contention for relegation next season. 

51 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Ok Steero and Jim both optimistic 😊  I wish I was !

Cannot get past the issue is that we are getting to be a lot closer to the trapdoor than we should be and on our current form we are in relegation form.

VTID

Derek

Fair enough Del, maybe have a relaxing tea or something this afternoon and think happy thoughts. It could be worse, could be the Blues!

Edited by Steero113

6 hours ago, delboy54 said:

We could easily be relegated.

Look at our form. Teams below us have everything to play for we seem to think the seasons over, we dont have the grit to grind out points.

We are tactically naive, opposition figure us out and beat us with ease.

We will lose to Leicester, Norwich and Dean will raise their game and it will be yet another home loss. Liverplop and man ci£y 0 points Burnley will fight for everything I can see us not up for that so home and away 0 points. Palace ...who knows?

Mr Purslow, you can go on about grandiose schemes about updating Villa Park but the elephant in the room is what is happening on the pitch?

Yes we can match spuds for 45 mins but still loose 4 - 0, yet tactically aware Brighton can beat them.

Relegation would be a catastrophic disaster for us

Finishing just above the relegation zone would have to mean the manager has to go, otherwise continuing like we are into next season then we will go down.

As for Gerrard bringing in a load of his old mates to play for us to boost their pensions instead of playing some of our talented youngsters....we have all seen how that turns out back in 2016

Sorry to be pessimistic but we are not going to attract the players we need based on the direction we are heading....

Totally agree Delboy. spot on

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

We are so poor now. Easy to beat. We need to more like Brighton and Wolves. We need Potter! a manager with a better gameplan and philosophy  
We could be going down, strap in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the money spent and players we have we should be nowhere near the bottom. This season has been piss poor - especially so considering the optimism of last summer. The longer we go without winning the more nervous we will be. 

17 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Dont get beat so easily. All about winning games.

Ahh, mystery solved, thanks. 

Managers have been searching for centuries for the secret, turns out you just have to win in order to win. 

• Like 2

We 100% are not going down this year, but on current form will probably finish 15th or 16th. My worry is for next season after Gerrard has had the chance to bring in some former Liverpool journeymen. 

Edit - we are now below **** Newcastle 🙄

Edited by wict01