Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

18 minutes ago, messi11 said:

image.thumb.png.7d2cda8b3c29ba36db2e7403f133440f.png

Its going down to the wire

Why did you exclude Leicester who are on the same points as us? If we have a chance of going down, as you are suggesting, then surely they do.

They have the same win/loss record as we do over the last six games but you haven’t included them?

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

giphy.gif

Definitely trolling. Decided I'm just gonna ignore now.

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We had 4 shots on target vs Leeds a team that give up about 20 shots a game. 

Chelsea  we had I think 1 shot on goal vs a Chelsea team out of form

United we were ok when we went 2 nil down, we did nothing before 

If you want to bury your head in the sand and think Gerrard is a good manager then fair enough. I expected better from somebody who tore McLeish apart weekly but had a better win record and trophy cabinet in Scotland 

Lol what? This seems like some sort of bizarre personal vendetta now.

I'm not even defending Gerrard, just pointing out that the last 2/3 games have clearly marked a significant worsening in our performances. Don't really know how anybody can dispute this, regardless of where you stand on Gerrard?

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Lol what? This seems like some sort of bizarre personal vendetta now.

I'm not even defending Gerrard, just pointing out that the last 2/3 games have clearly marked a significant worsening in our performances. Don't really know how anybody can dispute this, regardless of where you stand on Gerrard?

His first 4 games or so was good, after that has been poor with negative football. This is not a recent trend its since the new manager bounce disappeared hence the Sherwood comparisons actually think Sherwood has a similar win record 

Gerrard on the whole has been an average to poor appointment with the stats downgrading. If Newcastle appointed him we would be laughing 

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His first 4 games or so was good, after that has been poor with negative football. This is not a recent trend its since the new manager bounce disappeared hence the Sherwood comparisons actually think Sherwood has a similar win record 

Gerrard on the whole has been an average to poor appointment with the stats downgrading. If Newcastle appointed him we would be laughing 

I wasn't making an argument about Gerrard though (there's already a thread for that), I was making a point about how our performances have significantly dropped since the Leeds game.

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I wasn't making an argument about Gerrard though (there's already a thread for that), I was making a point about how our performances have significantly dropped since the Leeds game.

But performances dropped way before that since the Norwich game 

How many good 90 minute performances have we had under Gerrard? Norwich was the only one and they had a huge Covid issue for that game

I dont know why people are so sure this or that will happen. People love a prediction with a bit of authority in their voices dont they? The title was wrapped up 4 weeks ago, relegation was decided, it was impossible for Man Utd to get top 4.

4 weeks later, now look at that table. Football is crazy and anything can happen. Especially with 14 games to go.

• Like 1

The real worry is seeing good players now playing very badly. To see Ollie , Cash, Konsa, Dougie , Ings, Coutinho, Digne and even Martinez wobble is very worrying. These are good players , they should be more affective but they look lost.  

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I dont know why people are so sure this or that will happen. People love a prediction with a bit of authority in their voices dont they? The title was wrapped up 4 weeks ago, relegation was decided, it was impossible for Man Utd to get top 4.

4 weeks later, now look at that table. Football is crazy and anything can happen. Especially with 14 games to go.

Yep, there’s so much to play for still. Easy to find form. I’m not worried in the slightest about relegation that is. Improvements will come. 

I don't see us being dragged into it at all as I'm hoping performances will improve.

On current form though you certainly can't rule out ourselves or Leicester having a fight on our hands.

Gerrard will turn things around though I'm confident of it. And once he does he can properly judged next season once he's had a full summer to prepare/bring in more of his own players

8 hours ago, Mantis said:

I wasn’t, this was the comment I quoted and responded to

If we lose our next 3 games, It might be time to get Dean Smith back, recall trezeguet, and pay someone off the dark web to turn harkeye turned off during our games. We might have a chance of staying up then

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

Why did you exclude Leicester who are on the same points as us? If we have a chance of going down, as you are suggesting, then surely they do.

They have the same win/loss record as we do over the last six games but you haven’t included them?

I know right and Palace are now presumably safe with their win last night? Even though we go back above them with a win on Saturday. But you can guarantee this thread would still rumble on for months at various times even if we won on Saturday.

This thread is mainly the same people trolling and people biting.

We're generally a mid table side. In the world of villa talk us being 10th to 14th is us in a relegation battle and us being 7th to 10th is us on the verge of conquering europe. Everything's extreme nowadays. If we lose to Brighton sack Gerrard etc.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I wasn’t, this was the comment I quoted and responded to

10 hours ago, messi11 said:

If we lose our next 3 games, It might be time to get Dean Smith back, recall trezeguet, and pay someone off the dark web to turn harkeye turned off during our games. We might have a chance of staying up then

Who is this “harkeye” chap we are now talking about? Can he play DM by any chance?

10 hours ago, messi11 said:

image.thumb.png.7d2cda8b3c29ba36db2e7403f133440f.png

Its going down to the wire

Yeah. For all of the teams currently below us. Just look at GD, a very good historical indicator of final league position - we're not even close.

Burnley
38    10    9    19    33    55    -22    39    

Fulham
38    5    13    20    27    53    -26    28    

West Bromwich Albion
38    5    11    22    35    76    -41    26    

Sheffield United
38    7    2    29    20    63    -43    23

Can't wait for this nonsense to be over with at 5pm on Saturday.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeah. For all of the teams currently below us. Just look at GD, a very good indicator of final league position - we're not even close.

That Leeds goal difference 😂

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Who is this “harkeye” chap we are now talking about? Can he play DM by any chance?

Can you stop “harking” on about it 😂 

Edited by nick76

54 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeah. For all of the teams currently below us. Just look at GD, a very good historical indicator of final league position - we're not even close.

Yep totally agree - the self-flagellation from some trying to push this relegation narrative need to chill.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Norwich only have a - 3 GD while Burnley's is - 8, so not sure your argument stands up. 

• Confused 1