Energy Bills

Genie

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Make a complaint, on top of the £200, they owe you £30 for failing to send a final bill within 6 weeks, and another £30 for failing to pay you within 10 working days of the breach.

Didn't realise you could do this, cheers👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Didn't realise you could do this, cheers👍

Curiously, despite it having been in place for a couple of years, suppliers don't seem to have a requirement to be proactive about it, which is a bit of a farce. My previous provider claimed to have no ideas what I was talking about until I linked them to the OFGEM switch guarantee https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/energy-advice-households/switching-energy-tariff-or-supplier, see the section titled If a switch goes wrong or is unexpected

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

It won’t, it will get worse come April.

traditionally, April time comes with cheaper rates as we gear up for the summer, where demand is low.

But you're right, talk in the industry is that we'll see further rises.. 

(Just wanted to say that in case someone didn't know about the seasonal norms).

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

traditionally, April time comes with cheaper rates as we gear up for the summer, where demand is low.

But you're right, talk in the industry is that we'll see further rises.. 

(Just wanted to say that in case someone didn't know about the seasonal norms).

If things don’t improve in the new year then I can only assume the next price cap will be much higher to avoid the remaining suppliers going bust. So why is the advice not to grab one of the rare and expensive fixed deals?

Even the switching websites say don’t switch.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

If things don’t improve in the new year then I can only assume the next price cap will be much higher to avoid the remaining suppliers going bust. So why is the advice not to grab one of the rare and expensive fixed deals?

Even the switching websites say don’t switch.

Because the capped variable tariff is cheaper - the suppliers are selling at a loss because of the cap. That’s why they keep going bust. There’s a dispute going on at the mo’ between offgen and British Gas and Eon, because those two are only taking on new customers on fixed rate tariffs above the rate and are not offering capped variable rate tariffs. 

27 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

US/China/Japan to release millions of barrels of oil to drive down price of fuel 👀

Maybe March/April won't be so bad after all? 

The price of Crude has already started falling yet the price at the pump hasn't

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Last week supermarket diesel prices near me were 150.9p and this weekend down to about 145.9p.

Hopefully there’s a big drop coming. 

No change in V-power petrol... 161.9 when I filled up yesterday, the same as it was a few weeks back. Least it stopped going up though! 

6 hours ago, bickster said:

dropping since start of November when you look at the graphs

Yes:

brent.jpg

(from: https://oilprice.com/oil-price-charts/)

But @lapal_fan's point I guess is that we may not see an impact from the releases from strategic reserves for a few more days (prices have - very slightly - increased since those announcements).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â