Energy Bills

Genie

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

British Gas are words removed. I reiterate that. 

An absolute nightmare. That was in May. 

Early signs are it’s going to be a bumpy ride. For the sake of my sanity I hope gas prices come back down soon so I can get away from these idiots at the earliest opportunity.

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

Early signs are it’s going to be a bumpy ride. For the sake of my sanity I hope gas prices come back down soon so I can get away from these idiots at the earliest opportunity.

The biggest problem for me was they would not accept any calls. If you rang them they would book an appointment to call back, but wouldn't call back. So you were forced into the online chat. 

Just now, Seat68 said:

The biggest problem for me was they would not accept any calls. If you rang them they would book an appointment to call back, but wouldn't call back. So you were forced into the online chat. 

I used online chat yesterday to setup DD and supply opening meter readings, it was fine in fairness, although it does seem like my account wasn’t updated with the bank or meter readings we discussed. Waste of time.

I’ll probably get a 10 grand bill at some point which will take me years or arguing about to get rid of.

35 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

They suck.

Our property uses LPG, and British gas were servicing the boiler for the previous owner for at least ten years.

They came and serviced it again not long after we moved in. I then needed an independent plumber for another job. He checked the loft and told us we had a "flue in void" which is now illegal.

That means BG have been servicing the boiler for years but not inspecting the flue, but saying they HAVE inspected it.

I did the online chat with them and they said they'd sort it out but it would take TEN weeks.

In the meantime I got independent plumber to put us a new boiler in with service and breakdown included, so cancelled BG totally.

Five weeks later I get a text from BG telling me the engineer will be here in an hour. Absolute cretins.

• Shocked 1

They sound dogshit @Genie

I've been with one of the big boys for 8 years, Scottish Power, and to be fair, not had an issue with them. Quite friendly on the phone on the very few times I call (pre-pandemic) and the online portal works well. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

They sound dogshit @Genie

I've been with one of the big boys for 8 years, Scottish Power, and to be fair, not had an issue with them. Quite friendly on the phone on the very few times I call (pre-pandemic) and the online portal works well. 

Mate, they are absolutely **** useless.

I’ve tried all day to contact via live chat but nobody available. 

They don’t have an email (everything bounces you towards calling them) or live chat (which isn’t available).

I really want to avoid being on hold for hours just to speak to them about something I’ve told them to do 4 times so far.

• Like 1

This is one of the reasons the challengers did so well tbh, and I'll stick to using them knowing if they fold, I can always switch to another one after.

I get a discount using British Gas because Centrica are one of our clients, and I still wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

If you don't open your response with "Listen here you absolute cum-buckets..." or similar I will be disappointed.

I sent them a scathing email to their complaints@….. email address and got the auto reply that they didn’t monitor that mail box and I should contact them via live chat (which is permanently down and part of the complaint) :angry: 

• Haha 2

Submitted my meter readings yesterday... Scottish Power have now upped my monthly DD (combined gas and leccy) from £51 to £68 Not too bad I guess and I was expecting an increase. 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Submitted my meter readings yesterday... Scottish Power have now upped my monthly DD (combined gas and leccy) from £51 to £68 Not too bad I guess and I was expecting an increase. 

Not too bad, 33% increase. 
The fact it’s a very mild November is really helping!!

• 2 weeks later...

So Energy still hanging on... although as my contract is ending next month, it's only been quite recently I've noticed just how much the increase is, blissful ignorance until then :o  double the price plus on new fixed. oof. Switching to a variable flex one which is "only" another c£20 a month extra for now.  Still managed to get a refund on the extra credit in my account just in case. 

Is the wisdom strong that post cap release in april the rates are going to skyrocket?

I transferred over to British gas recently, as EDF just wanted to rip me off, thinking I wouldn't change. 2 Months later and 2 Emails stating...

"Were sorry it's taking longer than expected to send your final bill"

They owe me about 200 quid, I bet it wouldn't take so long if I owed them!!!!

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

So Energy still hanging on... although as my contract is ending next month, it's only been quite recently I've noticed just how much the increase is, blissful ignorance until then :o  double the price plus on new fixed. oof. Switching to a variable flex one which is "only" another c£20 a month extra for now.  Still managed to get a refund on the extra credit in my account just in case. 

Is the wisdom strong that post cap release in april the rates are going to skyrocket?

All the advice is not to sign up to any deals at the moment. I assume this means they think it’ll settle down before the next price cap review end of March. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I transferred over to British gas recently, as EDF just wanted to rip me off, thinking I wouldn't change. 2 Months later and 2 Emails stating...

"Were sorry it's taking longer than expected to send your final bill"

They owe me about 200 quid, I bet it wouldn't take so long if I owed them!!!!

Make a complaint, on top of the £200, they owe you £30 for failing to send a final bill within 6 weeks, and another £30 for failing to pay you within 10 working days of the breach.

• Like 3

Â