Energy Bills

Genie

My worry is that even if the UK cuts a load of tax/duty out of the price of petrol the forecourt’s will take it for themselves, again. 

There’s no incentive for them to lower the prices as long as people keep buying.

On 04/06/2022 at 16:45, Villa87 said:

Driving down to Provence for our summer trip - going to be an extortionate amount to pay on fuel 😬

French prices are slightly less than UK prices atm, not much but they are cheaper , maybe by 10p a litre

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It will get to the point where people stop paying and just start robbing places. When people can’t afford to go to work what happens then? 

It’s a real risk I expect, end of the month and no money for petrol. 

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I've worked out if I still did 45000 miles a year, my diesel fuel bill would be over £1000 a month, used to be around £600. Not sure how the self employed delivery drivers are getting on.

Or the multinational app taxi drivers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Or the multinational app taxi drivers.

Yeah, how are you guys coping. I think the costs are really getting out of hand. I think it was £1.32 a litre this time last year, which still wasn't cheap.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah, how are you guys coping. I think the costs are really getting out of hand. I think it was £1.32 a litre this time last year, which still wasn't cheap.

We’ve put our prices up twice since this time last year so it isn’t that bad but what we are seeing is a reasonable number of drivers leaving Uber to join us because Ubers ludicrously stupid dispatch algo isn’t helping them and Uber only put the prices up just before the fuel went up and U er doesn’t give a shit about drivers costs because that has no bearing on their bottom line. What I predict with them is that they will increase prices again but they won’t be passing most of the. Increase on to the drivers because they’ve already stopped showing them the price the passenger pays. The increase will be minimal and the drivers just won’t notice as Uber will just start taking more and more of the fare, then they’ll start dicking about with the surges and eventually the drivers will be on minimum wages with huge outgoings.

• Like 1

My parents who live in France mentioned petrol is €2.10 a litre for them now. That’s about on a par with us. Remember the days when people would get into France on fumes and then fill up as it was so much cheaper?

Put sixty quid of diesel in last Sunday at Asda Ventura park. It was 177.7p.

I've just gone back to refill and the absolute words removed have put it up EIGHT pence to 185.7.

i almost drove away but don't know the next nearest place. Totally **** off with this now.

What with the possibility of over 60's not getting free prescriptions, and me now having to work another year before retirement, I just hope all the Tory words removed die of syphilis, aids and scrofula.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Put sixty quid of diesel in last Sunday at Asda Ventura park. It was 177.7p.

I've just gone back to refill and the absolute words removed have put it up EIGHT pence to 185.7.

i almost drove away but don't know the next nearest place. Totally **** off with this now.

The Sainsbury’s opposite ASDA is usually same price as ASDA but might have been lower if they reacted to the price rise a bit slower. You get nectar points there too.

• Like 1

and yet  it still is cheaper than train tickets when I look at taking the train on medium longer journeys. 

But the increase is insane. I've seen the price go up in the space of an hour having passed a petrol station on a journey there and back. Mental. All the service stations on motorways are at 199.99 ( always made I filled up either end )

15 hours ago, Rodders said:

and yet  it still is cheaper than train tickets when I look at taking the train on medium longer journeys. 

But the increase is insane. I've seen the price go up in the space of an hour having passed a petrol station on a journey there and back. Mental. All the service stations on motorways are at 199.99 ( always made I filled up either end )

Service stations are at £2.04 now. Gone up another 3p at my local tesco. Whens it gonna stop, I can almost hear the energy fat cats popping the Christmas Bollinger already.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Service stations are at £2.04 now. Gone up another 3p at my local tesco. Whens it gonna stop, I can almost hear the energy fat cats popping the Christmas Bollinger already.

Did the government confirm the windfall tax on energy companies was happening?

At least that way you’d knows some of the money was going to people who need it rather than record profits quarter after quarter.

On 03/06/2022 at 16:24, Xela said:

Now 189.9

Horrendous. 

203.9 today 

Mental. 

In a month it has gone from 183.9 - 189.9 - 203.9 (i usually go every fortnight)

Some people will genuinely not be able to put fuel in their car. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

All my fuel goes on like a expenses credit card for work. My manager today. "keep an eye on your expenses, its been noted it was a fair bit higher last month". Yeah fuels a fair bit higher you dumbass!!! What does he think I'm doing, going la carte for my lunch.

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

All my fuel goes on like a expenses credit card for work. My manager today. "keep an eye on your expenses, its been noted it was a fair bit higher last month". Yeah fuels a fair bit higher you dumbass!!! What does he think I'm doing, going la carte for my lunch.

You'll have to stop having those lobster and peacock sandwiches for lunch! 

Â