Energy Bills

Genie

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Maybe we (in the western world) should all own less.

Cheap materialistic tat, I agree. Second homes? Should be banned. 

Cars. No, they are a lifeline for people who don't live in cities.

• Like 1

Last four weeks diesel prices by me:

And those are the cheapest, there are others above that mark. 

How much longer have we got to suck this up while the government rakes in a huge amount of tax and vat and we are suffering? 

• Haha 1

There's BP opposite a Tesco Petrol by me. Trsco have always been 3-5p cheaper than BP over the rode, as its always been a bit of a rip off. Tesco exactly the same now at £1.99 litre. Are they now joining the profiteering or trying to offset less food bring sold. Its shocking.

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

There's BP opposite a Tesco Petrol by me. Trsco have always been 3-5p cheaper than BP over the rode, as its always been a bit of a rip off. Tesco exactly the same now at £1.99 litre. Are they now joining the profiteering or trying to offset less food bring sold. Its shocking.

Diesel obv

Tesco has been THE most expensive by me a few times of the last couple of weeks

Thing is, they've all hit that psychological £1:99.9 barrier now, all four of them.

The fifth a little further away, which used to always be the most expensive, tried £2:05.9 the other day, that really didn't last long

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Beggars Bush ?

• Like 1

I'm due to fill up later this week - was 203.9 last time (about 10 days ago). Surely can't have gone up even more?

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I'm due to fill up later this week - was 203.9 last time (about 10 days ago). Surely can't have gone up even more?

I think it has gone up 1 or 2 pence, diesel anyway. Saw super unleaded for £2.21 at an ESSO, up in Cheshire, nearly pooed my pants, Saw some guy fill up with it too, it's not labeled very well on the pump (purposely I think) I reckon he didn't realise. I bet it got him about 100 mile till empty. 😂

One of my clients today mentioned, the big haulage companies who buy there own fuel are seeing a huge drop in fuel costs, they are just not being passed on to the public. Not sure the truth in this, surely they wouldn't still charge us top money at the pumps??

On 17/06/2022 at 18:52, Xela said:

203.9 today 

Mental. 

In a month it has gone from 183.9 - 189.9 - 203.9 (i usually go every fortnight)

Some people will genuinely not be able to put fuel in their car. 

204.9 today

The public are having the piss taken out of them by energy providers.

Martin Lewis or somebody needs to explain what’s going on here.

We have been told that we need to pay much more for gas, electric, petrol and diesel because of supply issues, post-covid demand, the war in Ukraine etc etc etc but all that seems to be happening is the suppliers have used those things to crank up their margins.

The UK government (I know haha) should start by rejecting any increases to the fuel cap in October. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Wages need to go up to cover the increases. Workers should insist on RPI based wages increases. It's the only way to fight corporate greed, there needs to be a push back from the working classes.

I think we are starting to see this with strikes , RMT, the Scottish police , Royal mail and quite a few others that are in the wings. Once one gets it the others will have to fight to keep up with the resultant price increases.

• Like 2

All the rises in energy, fuel etc, are producing more and more revenue for the government. Have you ever thought this may be the the plan, to get a couple of quid back from the money spent in the Covid years.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

All the rises in energy, fuel etc, are producing more and more revenue for the government. Have you ever thought this may be the the plan, to get a couple of quid back from the money spent in the Covid years.

Probably more to pay for tax cuts (bribes) before the next election. Just like how triple lock pension remaining the day before the last set of by-elections

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It honestly never occurred to me that this government had a plan.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tinker said:

Wages need to go up to cover the increases. Workers should insist on RPI based wages increases. It's the only way to fight corporate greed, there needs to be a push back from the working classes.

I think we are starting to see this with strikes , RMT, the Scottish police , Royal mail and quite a few others that are in the wings. Once one gets it the others will have to fight to keep up with the resultant price increases.

For us last year it was pre-agreed July RPI +0.5% this year but it’s looking unaffordable. It would be well over 12%. Maybe closer to 14%.
Theres a counter offer of 6% + £5k being tabled but i’m not sure how it’s going to go. There will be a vote on it in the coming weeks. >12% is good and all, but I’d also like to still have a job in 5 years time.

Â