January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Why would we tell any journalist of our transfer deals? 

SG was telling one the other day that Doug Luiz was not interesting in signing a new contract so I wouldn't be so surprised.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

@Peter Griffin you're the expert here, is he just wrong or is this also crystal clear?

Maybe an expert at reading English and understanding what Percy said. Not an expert at transfers, but knowledgeable enough to know there is not enough money in Turkish league to take Trez on a permanent

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He got Digne very wrong - 48 hours before he signed he said the deal wasnt close at all 

At the time though he was correct? Pretty sure Sky Sports etc were saying it was very close and the fee didn't get agreed till a few days later. 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Sky is saying the negotiations with Toon are regarding making Targett a permanent transfer in the summer, that would suit us a lot more

Agreed. I do not see the point in a loan move to them.

Phil McNulty isn't a clickbait journalist or one that pretends to be ITK, he hardly tweets about transfer rumours. If he's saying that we're unlikely to sign any more players today then it's probable that he's right, because I don't think he'd tweet that unless he's genuniely been told so by someone at the club.

If he was saying we were going to sign someone today, then people would be lapping it up, talking about how reliable he is, and how he doesn't tweet that kind of stuff unless it's certain to happen.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

If we loan out Targett without a replacement coming in, that will be the first time I've questioned something that we've done as a club since NSWE took over.

It just doesn't make sense.

Is Chambers considered adequate cover for LB considering we also have Ash and if the merde hist the fan we have Hause and Mings

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

McNulty hinting we are done perhaps?

Every January over the last few years the rhetoric is the same, Villa have their ducks all lined up well in advance and don't need to be scrambling around late on deadline day.

I think apart from Targett, we are done.

In fairness a badly run club does business in the last minute. Spurs do it all the time and it probably costs them a lot as sometimes you sign players you dont need

• Like 2

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Is Chambers considered adequate cover for LB considering we also have Ash and if the merde hist the fan we have Hause and Mings

Hause would be the back up left back over Chambers

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Possibly. But I'm not really sure he has ever played there before. We might be fine and Digne doesn't get injured, however if he does, we might have a problem.

Targett is still a good player to have in the squad.

I understand why we're not signing a CM, as the ones we want might not be available.