January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

I’m more than happy with the signings we have made, but….

I must say I would be astonished if we didn’t pick up a DM today. If not it would be the third window where our most significant and damaging weakness has not been addressed. 

Without a quality player at DM it strangles our forward play and exposes our back line. It means against good teams we are second best in the middle of the park. 

Add onto that the fact that Marv has been injured, and it’s baffling. Unless Chambers was bought as a DM not a CB.

Honestly I would have sacrificed any 2 of the 3 players we’ve bought in (and I do rate those signings) for a top quality DM.

If Luiz ends up going and we don’t sign someone our midfield will be paper.

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I’m more than happy with the signings we have made, but….

I must say I would be astonished if we didn’t pick up a DM today. 

I wouldn't be astonished.

Its January. It's harder to pick up players for obvious reasons. 

We also have Douglas Luiz, Marv to come back from injury, and Callum Chambers to drop there should he be needed.

Its unlikely we get Europe, it's unlikely we drop.

You could argue not pushing for a DM in the last 24hours is the more sensible thing to do in our situation.

Yeah, we could use someobody in that role. But our season doesn't depend on it. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 2

if we get one great, if not no biggie at all. We're very unlikely to get top 7 unless we have a spectacular and consistent run of form. I expect us to finish the season strongly but not that strongly. No point overpaying. 

4 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Ornstein hinted at SSN that we could be in for a midfielder today... 

Well considering we have been linked with midfielders all through the window this isn't the work of black magic 

Just now, Nigel said:

Well considering we have been linked with midfielders all through the window this isn't the work of black magic 

I think it's more the point that we are actively going to try and sign one today rather than leave it until the Summer window..

Full FM mode hat on:

Today In:
Bissouma - £40m
Hickey - £10m

Today Out:
Targett - £27m
Luiz - £34m

Total in:
Digne - £25m
Coutinho - Free
Bissouma - £40m
Hickey - £10m