January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thanks,

Looks a technically skilful player. Concerns would be that he is only 5'9", so I can't imagine he would be great at defending crosses into the box. Also, very few if any highlights of him crossing the ball into the box. I expected to see clips of a fast FB flying down the line and crossing the ball beautifully into the middle of the box 🤔

• Like 1

Isn't Coutinho contracted to Barcelona until the summer of 2023, so a summer 2022 free transfer doesn't come into the equation. Also he hasn't played a full game since returning from a serious knee injury which kept him out for the last seven months of last season. He's only played half games or less.He's just recovering from Covid which has meant that he's missed several games over the Christmas period.

Loan players need to hit the ground running and Coutinho is probably not best prepared to get up to speed quickly in the Premier League.

He's a big name and a fantastic player at his best, but I don't think that he will be anywhere near his best in the next couple of months. He is a small player and the PL is a physical league so he would need some tougher players around him, which we haven't currently got. If Gerard is able to bring in his two or three pinpointed targets then a loan for Coutinho might make more sense, but at the moment it would be a strange signing if it happens. (in my opinion of course, lol)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Isn't Coutinho contracted to Barcelona until the summer of 2023, so a summer 2022 free transfer doesn't come into the equation. Also he hasn't played a full game since returning from a serious knee injury which kept him out for the last seven months of last season. He's only played half games or less.He's just recovering from Covid which has meant that he's missed several games over the Christmas period.

Loan players need to hit the ground running and Coutinho is probably not best prepared to get up to speed quickly in the Premier League.

He's a big name and a fantastic player at his best, but I don't think that he will be anywhere near his best in the next couple of months. He is a small player and the PL is a physical league so he would need some tougher players around him, which we haven't currently got. If Gerard is able to bring in his two or three pinpointed targets then a loan for Coutinho might make more sense, but at the moment it would be a strange signing if it happens. (in my opinion of course, lol)

Gerrard and co wouldn’t be doing this blindly especially with the expense.  They aren’t seeing the name thinking let’s get him without due diligence on his fitness, past injuries and stats.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We just brought Trez off the bench to replace Traore in a loss to Brentford and people are against us signing Coutinho. You couldn't make it up

HAHAHHAH honestly hilarious at times, coutinho alongside aaron hickey and denis zakaria and ill be a very happy guy.

3 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Nope. Won't happen this window. Plus I think hes injured until March.

I agree with you that Phillips isn't going to happen (I don't think we'd ever get him now) but is there a reason you are so confident with the 'Nope' it's not true?

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I agree with you that Phillips isn't going to happen (I don't think we'd ever get him now) but is there a reason you are so confident with the 'Nope' it's not true?

I just think the ship has sailed on that in 2019 when he rejected us to stay at Leeds. I know that we still like him, but I think if he does leave Leeds he will end up at Man City. Only way I see him leaving is if Leeds go down. 

• Like 1

If Digne isn’t going to Newcastle and Chelsea stall, I don’t see who else in the PL is better suited to take him than us. Liverpool won’t sign him with Robertson, nor will City. Spurs have Reguillon who is similar and Arsenal have Tierney. West Ham have Creswell and Masuaku. United won’t be in for a LB with Shaw and Telles at the club. 

If he joins us, he is guaranteed to start provided he performs and I’m pretty sure we can give him 120k a week or whatever he wants. If he goes to Chelsea, he’ll be looking for another club in 12 months time. 

Whether you rate him or prefer Hickey, Digne to Villa does make sense.

7 minutes ago, Creeper said:

I just think the ship has sailed on that in 2019 when he rejected us to stay at Leeds. I know that we still like him, but I think if he does leave Leeds he will end up at Man City. Only way I see him leaving is if Leeds go down. 

Yeah the interview he gave on his discussion with his Grandma regards our offers when Leeds failed to get promoted doesn't fill me with hope. 

He does say he would love to play alongside Gerrard or Gascoigne in another interview though. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Digne isn’t going to Newcastle and Chelsea stall, I don’t see who else in the PL is better suited to take him than us. Liverpool won’t sign him with Robertson, nor will City. Spurs have Reguillon who is similar and Arsenal have Tierney. West Ham have Creswell and Masuaku. United won’t be in for a LB with Shaw and Telles at the club. 

If he joins us, he is guaranteed to start provided he performs and I’m pretty sure we can give him 120k a week or whatever he wants. If he goes to Chelsea, he’ll be looking for another club in 12 months time. 

Whether you rate him or prefer Hickey, Digne to Villa does make sense.

City might have a spot open with Mendy looking to be in big trouble, they dont actually have a recognised senior left back. Cancelo is a converted right back and Zinchenko started as a midfielder

• Like 1