Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

12 hours ago, spiezels said:

Fair play by the club this.

Needs to be announced properly

John Townley from the B'ham Mail has written two articles about the group, the second of which promotes the Bournemouth game plans, a fellow VT'er has kindly posted it in this thread.

• Like 2

I thought the atmosphere was decent yesterday. Pre match it was loud but got drowned out by crazy train which has no relevance to the club . Don’t mind them keeping the fireworks and smoke but get rid of the music and let the fans do it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A few seats available in the upper Doug Ellis where away fans normally go. Might go and sit there with my son see what it’s all about 

More than welcome to both join us for Bournemouth mate, going to try and make a spectacle, can relocate your seats here just for the Bournemouth game: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScRezbRGzSyVPC9-1KtaXC28kIJWYcX73WMLFqmZ_Jk9vVmtA/viewform__;!!HOAx1U0!5YOnPsHgox6XJAtejQjCZOYtREWbWsBrGceOTG_0GcQhRq4lrp1PdOKyqqCSpz6RmK6VDFo4SgCLw4dFL_HPkexkXdWRAag1DQE%24

Think we need to submit the names and FAN ID's to the club tomorrow so that one-off tickets can be allocated to those that are relocating so the sooner the better if you're both up for it, the more the merrier and it will hopefully gather more support and show the club we want organic fan-led elements to improve the atmosphere and not blaring music and fireboxes etc. 

Edited by wedge
  • Like 4

On 05/04/2024 at 10:53, nick76 said:

all for getting the atmosphere going as when VP rocks it rocks and this seems to be a good initiative.

but VP1897 group please, please, please tell me you're not going to be investing in and bringing a drum to the ground.

the games i watch on tv are so annoying when there's a drummer.......i can only imagine it's even worse at the stadium 

also, can anyone shed any light on how it went at yesterdays game. Cheers.

• Like 1

Yeah we don’t want any drums. Just flags, banners even balloons which I used to love seeing in the 90s. Hopefully it takes off. I think fan groups really need to push for crazy train to be stopped. Hi Ho Aston Villa is great , but leave it at that . Got no objection with the fireworks either . I was sat in K4 third row from the front yesterday and it was pretty good in terms of atmosphere . The Small Heath get battered chant seems to get most of the ground going I noticed yesterday. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

all for getting the atmosphere going as when VP rocks it rocks and this seems to be a good initiative.

but VP1897 group please, please, please tell me you're not going to be investing in and bringing a drum to the ground.

the games i watch on tv are so annoying when there's a drummer.......i can only imagine it's even worse at the stadium 

also, can anyone shed any light on how it went at yesterdays game. Cheers.

The group's debut will be at the Bournemouth game mate.

Fear not, no drums.

Just flags, banners, and noise!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah we don’t want any drums. Just flags, banners even balloons which I used to love seeing in the 90s. Hopefully it takes off. I think fan groups really need to push for crazy train to be stopped. Hi Ho Aston Villa is great , but leave it at that . Got no objection with the fireworks either . I was sat in K4 third row from the front yesterday and it was pretty good in terms of atmosphere . The Small Heath get battered chant seems to get most of the ground going I noticed yesterday. 

I don't think you'll be disappointed in that case then Sir!

2 minutes ago, wedge said:

Fear not, no drums.

cheers @wedge and good luck with what you are doing

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Looking at the section yesterday, am I right in seeing what looks like rail seating/safe standing ready installed?

Yep I would say so first time I have noticed it probably because our fans up there sat down and away fans stand up.

11 hours ago, wedge said:

Fear not, no drums.

No vuvuzelas? Shame.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A few seats available in the upper Doug Ellis where away fans normally go. Might go and sit there with my son see what it’s all about 

Yep. Rows of seats around me in the Doug Ellis available yesterday but it's all lies. We got 30k waiting and can sell out 55k every week..

18 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Isn’t Crazy Train just walk out music though? The team need something to walk out to, and CT is better than the old music. I don’t think Hi Ho is walk out music, just a pre and post match song.

I noticed that the club played Hi Ho about 8 minutes before kick off on Saturday and then cut all noise, presumably to let fans generate their own atmosphere. It didn’t quite work as I don’t think anybody was expecting it and the silence was initally deafening. A couple of songs caught on eventually so they should probably keep doing it and see how it goes. It would help if all the drinkers didn’t stay in the concourses until the last available minute though.

Things that I think the club do well- I know they’re not to everyone’s taste but I really like the big screen goal complications, “Giant is wake” video and the dark lion.  Not sold on the fireworks and flames for every single match, prefer for just night games and big games. 

• Like 1

Â